“Super restaurant and lovely owner”
Review of 1 Malaysia Cuisine - CLOSED

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Super restaurant and lovely owner”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We had a brilliant meal and very much enjoyed talking to the really nice owner. The food was excellent and we were very glad to find him on a rainy weekday night. We were the only people in there but this was because of the weather and was really fortunate as it meant the lovely Mr. Wong wasn't too busy to talk to us.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Mahalath

London, United Kingdom
“Malaysian with a different twist”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I went here on Saturday last (Feb 23) with my Malay partner and a good friend, before the Australian Pink Floyd Show at Motorpoint Arena. We were all delighted with our meals (my partner in particular enjoyed the rendang, which is compliment enough – it's the Malaysians' favourite dish bar none). I chose a 'green' curry, which although more Thai in style than Malaysian, was absolutely lovely. Our friend had

The service was very attentive, but extremely friendly and helpful. And the prices are superb - £60 for two courses (we shared a mix of three starters) and a bottle of wine for three people? Can't knock that. I like the idea that you get a choice of chilli intensity as well. I like chillies. Don't forget to ask for the home-made sambal, it's marvellous.

Thoroughly recommended if you find yourself in the centre of Cardiff.

3 Thank Leafy P
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Different and delicious!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Four of us went here about a week ago, and non of us had tried Malysian food before. The guy who served us was very friendly, and the food was delicious. The portions were enough to leave us feeling full but not stuffed, and the prices were reasonable.

Will definitely go back!

3 Thank Ellen M
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent traditional Malaysian Cuisine and Unique to Cardiff”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Went for another lovely meal at 1 Malaysia again last night. High quality and well priced Malaysian cuisine (3 courses and drinks for two <£45). I am a big fan of Malaysian food which I think takes the best bits of Thai with added depth of flavour and subtle heat. The style of cooking is something I would like to see more of in South Wales and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. To the owners- Keep up the good work this place needs more recognition!

4 Thank Luke R
Wales
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Although never having been to Malaysia have been to other Asian countries so have tasted 'the real thing' before and for a small and reasonable restaurant in Cardiff then I would recommend this place to anyone. The owner was also our waiter and he was very nice, helpful and chatty, which made you feel like a 'regular' and very welcome. Food was very good, plentiful and reasonably priced depending on what you had. Two starters and mains, large wine and soft drink for £36 and a lovely feeling of having had a lovely meal in a lovely little restaurant. Would definitely go back there again.

Visited February 2013