“If only the service and food matched the view...”
Review of ty mawr

ty mawr
Ranked #793 of 1,384 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$9 - US$38
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A pub and a restaurant with stunning views across Cardiff. Great for sitting in the beer garden throughout summer or sitting by the open log fire in winter. We also host weddings, head to our website to see our full wedding packages.
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

6 of us ate at The Ty Mawr to celebrate my partner's daughters' birthdays and we found the whole experience disappointing. The service was awful and I agree with a previous review in which staff were described as uninterested. Indeed we had to chase them twice to get to place orders and we were left with a table full of dirty plates for ages. When my partner approached the bar to ask if we could order pudding, the staff had their back to customers as they apparently counted their tips!! The food was distinctly mediocre with barely (never mind twice as advertised) cooked chips... My garlic prawns had no trace of garlic and were served with slices of dry, toasted bread which was bizarre.. I had lunch at an open prison the previous day which was a much better experience in every respect and at a fraction of the cost. Your staff could learn much from tbe prisoners. Needless to say, we left no tip and won't be eating there again. My own tip would be - shape u folks, there's too much competition in Cardiff..

1  Thank denisebroom
llpage, Manager at ty mawr, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Many Thanks for taking the time to review our pub. I am extremly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We take pride in the service we offer and it is very disappointing to hear that we have failed to impress on this occassion. I ahve shared your comments with the team and will look into all the issues you experienced
If you did wish to discuss your visit further please feel free to contact us directly.

Many Thanks
tymawrcardiff@sabrain.com

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We live nearby so have been several times to the Ty Marw. The views are brilliant and if you want a drink in a beer garden on a sunny day then it's great! However, the food is distinctly average and the attitude of the staff is appalling. They appear disinterested and are often rude and very unhelpful which is a shame as the location and pub itself are lovely.

2  Thank Chris C
llpage, Manager at ty mawr, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Many Thanks for taking the time to review our pub. I am extremly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We take pride in the service we offer and it is very disappointing to hear that we have failed to impress on this occassion. If you wish to discuss your visit further please feel free to contact us directly and we can have a chat about your visit and the issues you came across.

Many Thanks
tymawrcardiff@sabrain.com

Reviewed 7 June 2014

On the 11th May a family birthday meal. 2 meals were only luke warm. 3 other people had pies which had hardly any meat in them. Very disappointed.

llpage, Manager at ty mawr, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review, I am very sorry you did not enjoy your emal with us

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Went to the Ty Mawr for an evening meal on a Friday night for the first time. From first impressions, we very impressed by the look of the building and grounds as well as the full car park, which is always a good sign.
We were not disappointed!
Excellent service from start to end - staff were very polite and attentive, food was very good. Both of us had steak which was cooked exactly to our request and good quality.
Would definitely go again and recommend to friends!

llpage, Manager at ty mawr, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Many thanks for your kind review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience and I will share your comments with our team. Hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

On Sunday, my partner and I went for lunch, the staff were welcoming and polite from the minute we got there. We were sat at a lovely table overlooking the garden. The food was gorgeous and the only thing my partner wasn't fussed on was the lack of cooking of the roast potatoes. He is fussy when it comes to roasties though. Other than that everything was gorgeous. We had a starter each, a main each, my partner had a dessert and I had a coffee, along with two drinks each the bill was £55. Not cheap for a lunch but the food certainly reflected the price so I don't mind at all. Lovely place :-)

llpage, Manager at ty mawr, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Many Thanks for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals and also the good service. It is lovely to get nice comments and I will ensure the staff receive the feedback. Hope to see you again in the future