“Wonderful views, good service but....!”
Review of ty mawr

ty mawr
Ranked #893 of 1,287 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$9 - US$38
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A pub and a restaurant with stunning views across Cardiff. Great for sitting in the beer garden throughout summer or sitting by the open log fire in winter. We also host weddings, head to our website to see our full wedding packages.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I love The Ty Mawr, it is our favourite pub. I have been going for 24 years and have always loved it. Following a bereavement and feeling very stressed we went for a relaxing meal. As ever, the place was lovely, staff friendly but my meal was very poor - soggy salad and burnt tarts. Oh no! I appreciate it was very busy but , if I had been a first time diner, I would not be returning for food.
Be careful, folks, don't let standards slip.

1  Thank Alison W
llpage, Manager at ty mawr, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Many thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear that we let you down on this occassion, I have fed your comments back to our kitchen team and we will look into the issues you raised. Next time your in let me know and I will help rectify you last visit.
Katie

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Ive been to the ty mawr a few times and have always been very happy with both food and drinks. I've only been there on beautiful sunny days which means its always been very busy as there is a huge green with benches and open space for the kiddies to play. Its lovely to be able to enjoy a meal and some drinks and watch the children play in a safe and secure environment.

llpage, Manager at ty mawr, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Many Thanks for taking the time to review our pub. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

6 of us ate at The Ty Mawr to celebrate my partner's daughters' birthdays and we found the whole experience disappointing. The service was awful and I agree with a previous review in which staff were described as uninterested. Indeed we had to chase them twice to get to place orders and we were left with a table full of dirty plates for ages. When my partner approached the bar to ask if we could order pudding, the staff had their back to customers as they apparently counted their tips!! The food was distinctly mediocre with barely (never mind twice as advertised) cooked chips... My garlic prawns had no trace of garlic and were served with slices of dry, toasted bread which was bizarre.. I had lunch at an open prison the previous day which was a much better experience in every respect and at a fraction of the cost. Your staff could learn much from tbe prisoners. Needless to say, we left no tip and won't be eating there again. My own tip would be - shape u folks, there's too much competition in Cardiff..

1  Thank denisebroom
llpage, Manager at ty mawr, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Many Thanks for taking the time to review our pub. I am extremly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We take pride in the service we offer and it is very disappointing to hear that we have failed to impress on this occassion. I ahve shared your comments with the team and will look into all the issues you experienced
If you did wish to discuss your visit further please feel free to contact us directly.

tymawrcardiff@sabrain.com

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We live nearby so have been several times to the Ty Marw. The views are brilliant and if you want a drink in a beer garden on a sunny day then it's great! However, the food is distinctly average and the attitude of the staff is appalling. They appear disinterested and are often rude and very unhelpful which is a shame as the location and pub itself are lovely.

2  Thank Chris C
llpage, Manager at ty mawr, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Many Thanks for taking the time to review our pub. I am extremly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We take pride in the service we offer and it is very disappointing to hear that we have failed to impress on this occassion. If you wish to discuss your visit further please feel free to contact us directly and we can have a chat about your visit and the issues you came across.

tymawrcardiff@sabrain.com

Reviewed 7 June 2014

On the 11th May a family birthday meal. 2 meals were only luke warm. 3 other people had pies which had hardly any meat in them. Very disappointed.

llpage, Manager at ty mawr, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review, I am very sorry you did not enjoy your emal with us