“Disappointing”
Review of Seasons kitchen and bar - CLOSED

Seasons kitchen and bar
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fantastic restaurant, suprised it is not included on your website
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I went for an evening meal but was generally disappointed in the quality and presentation of the food. It all seemed a bit amateurish. Someone taking the rubbish out past the table was a bit surprising too, not what you want to see when you are in a restaurant. Restaurant was busy so they must be doing something right so perhaps I should just stick to steak and chips

Reviewed 5 June 2012

The first thing that worried me was the size of the menu for such a small restaurant. I don't know how they could produce so many items. It is a nice idea, having a meal in a village that serves the locals. But I just don't think Radyr has embraced the idea.
For food we had Seafood Risotto, Beef Lasagne and Scampi with mashed potato. All portion sizes were excellent but it lacked any real character. The lasagne was tasty but it was mostly cheese. The risotto the same but lots of cream. The scampi in breadcrumbs was clearly a bought-in product.
They are trying to please everyone by having a large menu but it didn't work for us.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We had several family members staying for the Easter weekend, and decided we fancied the idea of all going out for a late breakfast. We weren't sure where to try, but had heard good reports about Seasons, so we gave them a ring on Friday evening and booked a table for 10 people at 11:00 on Saturday morning. It proved to be a big hit with everybody. The restaurant is clean and bright, the service is friendly and professional, and the food is excellent. They do a first-class traditional breakfast, with quality bacon, sausage and black pudding. Vegetarians are well catered for (nice Glamorgan sausages), and for those who like something a bit different, there are things like smoked salmon with scrambled egg. Good coffee too, although a number of us agreed we'd ask for an extra shot next time. And it all came to under £7 per head including drinks and toast - brilliant value. They do lunch and dinner as well, which we look forward to trying soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Taking family out we were delighted with the quality of the food and the friendly staff. Even better was the entertainment!

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Seasons Kitchen and Bar is one of those frustrating places where personally, I think the menu is way too big for the size of the restaurant/kitchen. When your menu is this size, you can’t help but have a couple of dud dishes coming out of such a small kitchen, that I seem to have chosen a few times. I once had a sea bass and gnocchi dish that was absolutely delicious, very impressed! But on visiting again the following week and ordering the same dish, it came without the gnocchi (pasta as a substitute!?) with no explanation until I pointed it out! I have had delicious salads, but then also a chicken satay starter in which the satay sauce didn’t really taste of anything. Very bland.

It just seems a little inconsistent and lacks any sort of identity. The annoying things is that the dishes they get right are quite nice, so why not make the menu smaller, concentrate on fewer dishes but do them really well! The restaurant could then develop a name for itself and a serious following. At the moment, I use this restaurant out of convenience (living in radyr) rather than desire.