“big burger..sweet potato fries” 5 of 5 bubbles

GBK
Ranked #256 of 1,209 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brecon Beacons National Park, United Kingdom
“big burger..sweet potato fries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

we went here as id heard good things about the place...and my boyfriend is a McDonalds fan...I thought he could do with an education of what a REAL burger is...he had the taxi driver with sweet potato fries, I had a sundried tomato salad with a side of corn.............yum

Good coffee too.

Only disappointment was Dessert...they just has tiny tubs of Frozen yogurt and ice cream...they were fine, but didn't live up to the rest of the meal

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, brilliant service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We are not usually fans of convenience foods but we will certainly be revisiting here. Everything was cooked from fresh and perfectly to our individual preferences. The service was unquestionably first class. A sImple thing like checking whether the coffee was strong enough to my liking is appreciated. The staff went out of their way to achieve the perfect balance of being attentive without being intrusive. Well done guys!

Visited April 2014
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
“Good Burger with a twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We were after something to satisfy. The burgers we chose certainly did that.
I had a fish burger, in a brioche which was gorgeous, my brother had the veggie burger and he had the same reaction.

Jugs of water and nuts to nibble are a great touch. The wine we had was also just right.
the staff, although foreign were helpful and well informed.

Visited April 2014
“Skinny fries!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Can't believe I've only discovered skinny fries at gbk, light and crispy so delicious! I haven't visited since it first opened in town and the menu is a great improvement. I loved that you help yourself to your own water and free monkey nuts as you wait. Was the burger worth it's wait? Certainly! I had the small gbk veggie burger and it was full of flavor and a tad spicy with homemade onion rings. I want to try the other sides so will be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

After a good few cocktails & beers across the street at the mocka lounge we needed to eat before catching the train back to our hotel but as it was the rugby weekend I knew everywhere would be busy.
And GBK was busy but there wasn't a queue so we tried our luck and happily a table opened up straight away for us.
I'm a huge burger fan so I'm always happy eat in these places and yet again it was great.
The guys went with a simple cheese & bacon burger & the ladies both chose a chicken salad and everyone really liked what they had.
Add in a few orders of onion rings, skinny fries & big fries and it's safe to say ours was a very happy table.
GBK never let's me down !

Visited March 2014