“same old”

The Castell Mynach
Ranked #605 of 1,327 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Castell Mynach in Llantrisant is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

typical pub grub place but not that good at just frying up set meals,beer average at best meals bland plain boring mass produced rubbish that's not worth half that's charged,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Always greeted with a smile, nice range of beers, wines and lagers and a good selection of dishes. I would recommend the Haddock & Chips ('Whale of a Fish' on the menu) which is plentiful with nice crispy batter and freshly cooked chips. The burgers are also good as are their pies. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

First time back to the Castell Mynach since it has become a Vintage Inn although that could have been some time back. Really disappointed with the lack of beers now on tap. The food was quite tasty but well overcooked. I can't say that I'm an expert with food, but I have stayed at well over 300 hotels through work in the last few years. I love squid and always here that if overcooked its like rubber but I have never experienced it within my knowledge, even cooked myself until last night, well bad.
Then I had the pork belly which was over cooked, although tasty and a steak knife would have helped to get through it. Again, only time I've experienced it, and it being my favourite cut.
However, my wife and kids seemed to have enjoyed theirs but it was burgers or sausage. My eldest had salmon which he said was nice but I ate his courgette as I he didn't want it and I like them, and that was awful too.
Won't be going back, a shame due to it being a great place with previous owners, and where I had the best lamb shanks ever..........a pity

Reviewed 1 June 2014

party of 3 including child - service was good meals were very good and presented nicely-desserts equally good -nice afternoon treat!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Lovely staff, comfortable environment, food was gorgeous.
Has a full 3 course meal and 2 drinks each and it was excellent value, food was cooked to an excellent standard.