“Lucky if seats available”
Review of Ffynnon Wen

Ffynnon Wen
Ranked #731 of 1,217 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
canada
“Lucky if seats available”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We called here on saturday for a quiet drink.
Only to find that the seating area was blocked off for a quiet drink and a disco was in progress. So no seats available for a quiet drink. The manager who served us should have asked if eating or not and that the seating area is limited about half a dozen chairs which were occupied. Shant be recommending this pub to friends.

• Visited March 2014

Caerdydd, null, United Kingdom
“Nice pub food”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Nice food, good service and a different but pleasant atmosphere!
We had the 2 for 1 meal and we all had steak. Have to say that for a pub steak they were good and cooked just the way we liked them.
Always worth a visit!!

• Visited February 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Would not recommend....”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Booked a table for my family to celebrate my 40th Birthday without reading reviews, big mistake!!
The waitress from New Zealand was extremely rude and very short with any response to normal restaurant requests from our party. We were rushed into ordering, there were 8 of us and a bit of time would have been nice, to chat and decide, the food arrived quickly....surely not freshly made to order?! Apart from 2 meals which arrived half way through the rest of us having ours.
Although the steaks were very nice, and I ate mine, 2 of my family members left theirs. This was due to both orders having long black hairs in.....and they were too embarrassed to cause a fuss and complain.
But, the worse thing about our visit was the smell that has taken over the whole pub and restaurant, the toilets stink!!! It has the strongest smell of drains I have ever had to experience.
Avoid if you want nice service in a pleasant pub.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank chard32
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Visited today with my children. We were quickly seated and explained they would pop back in a few minutes to have our order taken which was all fine. Another party were seated beside us and asked if they wanted any drinks which is also great! Just a shame we were not offered this! The other party then had their food order taken and after 20 minutes of the waitress not turning up at our table to take our order we left which is a shame as both my children wanted to eat here as we have done before and always get what you pay for. On the way out we called into the toilets and again a shame the toilets themselves are clean enough but the soap dispenser and hand dryer were both coated in a thick layer of dust which has been there some time to have got that bad. I would sort of understand if it was amazingly busy but unfortunatly not maybe this is due to poor service.

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I visited the Ffynon Wen today 24th January with a group of ladies myself and my husband. One of our ladies was a bit late in arriving and we were told we could wait for her before ordering. The service was excellent. The food was absolutely delicious and was really hot. It was very reasonable priced with two meals get the lowest priced free. The variety of meals on the menu was so many, one had difficulty in making a choice. The puddings were fabulous. I had apple and plum pie with custard. There was no rushing you to finish your mail. We will certainly be going again. In fact my husband and I have already decided we will go by ourselves. I am in a wheelchair and there was no problem at all. It is nice to see somewhere wher they cater for disabled people. Well Done Ffynon Wen. Diolch yn Fawr Iawn

• Visited January 2014