“Very good coffee and food”
Review of The Plan Cafe

The Plan Cafe
Ranked #17 of 94 Coffee & Tea in Cardiff
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: One of The Independent's top 50 coffee bars in Britain; fantastic fair trade coffee; organic, vegan, veggie, and gluten-free menu items; excellent breakfasts and lunch.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I often go there for my coffee whenever I'm in town.The Plan is a very good independent cafe which uses and serves good quality products.I can't tell much about their breakfast and other food as I always eat a salad there.It's true that it's not cheap for the portion you get but it's very fresh and tasty and considering that they are independent and located in one of the Arcade,I guess they can't go cheap.
I think it's worth a visit and I will definitely keep coming back!

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Visit regularly.....breakfast and latte
My one observation.....coffee needs to be delivered to table nearer breakfast delivery OR staff need to ask customers if more coffee needed?
Yes i could go to the counter but tweeking customer service can only be good....

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I don't know what these negative reviews are based on because I've never had a bad experience here.

I recently took my girlfriend here as part of a treat weekend and we were both served two perfect, yes, PERFECT poached eggs. The toast was good, too, and so was the tea. The service was swift and the prices are high enough to keep the place out of greasy spoon territory.

Thoroughly satisfied.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Visited here for the first time with a friend. We're both vegetarian and like to go to independent cafes and places that have local, seasonal, organic produce - therefore we were attracted to this cafe. Unfortunately we were very disappointed and would never return. We both had jacket potatoes with veggie chilli - very simple dish and shouldn't really be possible to get it wrong - but it was pretty terrible. The skin of the potato was hard and chewy, the chilli was totally bland (no seasoning or spice) and the cheese tasted of nothing. Furthermore, it came with crisps! Huh?! Who ever thought of serving a potato with some fried potato on the side? Very strange. I could easily make a much better potato in the microwave at home so I resent paying £7+ for this bland, mediocre dish. The joy of having jacket potatoes in a cafe is usually that they're done in the oven and have lovely crispy skins and delicious fillings. This failed on all counts.

2  Thank Anokhi10
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I always pop in for some lunch when in Cardiff. Great Setting and ambiance and the Food is fab. You pay for what you get and you get great food.
As regards wifi, you can log into a neigbouring traders Internet .
Enjoy