“Good food and service”

Ranked #190 of 1,236 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: One of The Independent's top 50 coffee bars in Britain; fantastic fair trade coffee; organic, vegan, veggie, and gluten-free menu items; excellent breakfasts and lunch.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Popped in here for lunch recently and realised I'd found a little gem. Takes a little finding if you're not familiar with the area but worth looking out for. The best coffee I've had in Cardiff by far. They obviously take there coffee making seriously and is worth waiting for. Nice bit of latte art on top of my drink too. I'd also had the homemade roast pepper and tomato soup which was fantastic. Downstairs was very busy but plenty of tables upstairs. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The decaf was excellent if you're finding it hard to get this anywhere else.
Worth a revisit

• Visited April 2014

• Czech first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Independent cafe among the corporates.”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I'm a regular customer. Food very good, coffee better. Trevor's cappucinos are the only real ones I've tasted anywhere outside Italy. Serving staff excellent and pleasant. Support your local independent business among all the predictable chain cafes elsewhere in the city.

Wonderful situation in one of Cardiff's ornate Victorian arcades which is best seen from the upstairs room.

• Visited April 2014
wales
“Top-notch independent coffee house”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Always busy, the quirky Plan never fails to disappoint with an excellent range of coffees, teas and an excellent choice of light lunches/ teas and several yummy cakes available too. Sit in the light & airy upstairs for a spot of people watching over the Morgan arcade, and don't get lost on the way to the basement loos !

• Visited February 2014
Redditch
“Victorian cafe”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

What a find! We stumbled on this cafe while exploring the arcades of Cardiff. Victorian style with an up to date menu. Went for afternoon tea and then returned for breakfast. I loved the bacon and egg bap. The bacon was cooked to perfection. My wife love the porridge - a really generous portion. The coffee was great too. They have won awards and I can understand why.

Visited February 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Very good coffee and food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I often go there for my coffee whenever I'm in town.The Plan is a very good independent cafe which uses and serves good quality products.I can't tell much about their breakfast and other food as I always eat a salad there.It's true that it's not cheap for the portion you get but it's very fresh and tasty and considering that they are independent and located in one of the Arcade,I guess they can't go cheap.
I think it's worth a visit and I will definitely keep coming back!

• Visited February 2014