“Superb Stay”

Ranked #25 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Superb Stay”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Have only managed to go back home the once this year, but this place never fails to amaze me
The Staff are first class, nothing is too much trouble for them.
Breakfast's to die for and evening meals are very nice indeed, Meal Deals are very good offers indeed.
If you've not got a car then not the most ideal place i'd admit,but if you do drive the Links to main roads are perfect
Best value to be had anywhere i would say--keep it up Premier Inn i'd say.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem good to me.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Exeter
Reviewed 11 December 2012

It is a bit outside Cardiff Centre (15 minutes drive to the Civic Centre). Parking is free and we went to the theatre in the evening and you can park for free around the Civic Centre. Quiet rooms and very friendly staff. The breakfast was the usual good standard and the staff offered to help out with any dietary requirements (vegan). We will stay hear again.

Haverfordwest
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We stayed at premier inn cardiff north in order to complete our xmas shopping. We have stayed before and for the price we paid we were completely satisfied. Staff appear to be happy, helpful and courteous. Breakfast is absolutely fabulous, in fact as good as some 5 star hotels we have stayed in. Overall it was an enjoyable experience, everything you need in the room, although one draw back is that you cannot control the heating in your room and so we had to sleep with the bedroom window open, not good in December. The noise from the motorway did keep me awake but as i live in the country this is not surprising. I am not used to noise!!! Well done to staff of Premier Inn Cardiff North, we will be back,.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2012

There's absolutely no reason to stay out here - a room in a more central hotel will be not that much more more expensive - but if you do end up here, the staff and the hotel are welcoming and everything's functional. I came to visit my new university undergraduate son - but the cost of taxis getting to see him, having him come to meet me at the hotel, going into and out of central Cardiff were HORRENDOUse - much cheaper next time to stay in a central hotel whatever the cost.
That said, the staff were sweet..

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Great hotel, it is about 20 mins bus ride away. We got a day pass which is £3.40 for the day per person and lasts all day and night right up until the last bus (23:25 so not late if you wanted to stay out!!) We got a taxi back about midnight and it only cost £10...get the hotel to give you a business card of a taxi firm though as there are a few 'dodgy cabs' around! :) Food was lovely. We had the meal deal and dinner was cooked to perfection - breakfast was nice too but was more rushed than dinner....the hotel has a traffic light system for breakfast which shows you when to go if you don't want it to be busy! Staff were very friendly and really helpful - get them to gie you a map of the city centre as it is really detailed and was our bible for the weekend!! We would definately stay here again....ok it is not right in the centre like the other one but it is definately value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EricaClare
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2012

As I was working in Cardiff the next day, I wanted a hotel that was quiet and comfortable and the Premier Inn was both. The food was good and the breakfast excellent. To get to the hotel is a £14 taxi journey from Cardiff Central train station or there's a bus (number 58). Taxi may be cheaper depending on what time you arrive, I got there at rush hour and traffic is heavy plus a lot of traffic lights. Staff are friendly and helpful. Definately would go back again

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Sheila R
Swansea
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We booked to stay at this hotel in order to be close to the Heath hospital to visit a relative. Unfortunately our experiences on arrival tinted our stay. The car park was over full due to a conference being held at the hotel and so parking was practically impossible. I am 7 months pregnant and on crutches due to my pelvis being misaligned. Although I was with relatives, they had their own luggage to carry and so I asked the receptionist if there was any possibility of help taking my luggage to my room. I was told the hotel did not operate this service but I was welcome to take a trolley to push my luggage, I'm still not sure how the receptionist thought I would be able to manage this!! I had just paid £396 for 2 rooms over 3 nights when I was told this, I've received better service at Mcdonald's where I spent less than £10 and the person serving carried my tray without me having to ask. The staff were quite cold and unwelcoming on first contact but warmed up when they realised we were staying longer than one night. Also one of the rooms booked was not made up as a double and the bathroom had an unpleasant odour. Luckily our relative recovered quicker than expected and we were able to check out a day early getting a refund on our last night. If you pay the £29 per room as advertised I can see that you get what you pay for but when you get caught up in a rugby match or a busy weekend at inevitably short notice resulting in paying over the odds for a budget hotel room the service definitely falls short of impressive.

Room Tip: If your looking for somewhere to stay at short notice don't choose a premier inn.
2 Thank EE_RyanPT
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Cardiff North Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.