“Busy Hotel”

Premier Inn Cardiff North Hotel
Ranked #25 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I travel to Cardiff about twice a year and due to the location of this hotel with work I have always stayed here. I find this place suits my needs very well. The staff are very good and always enquire if everything is alright or if they can assist you. I find the food, Breakfast & Evening Meal absolutely perfect. I cant really complain. On my last visit here in October 2013 I had room 525. All the rooms are very similar, spacious and tidy. On this occasion I did find one fault which was hair gel/wax stuck accross the headboard. I left a note for the cleaner in the morning and when I returned that evening it had all been removed. This is not the most stunning place you will ever visit, but if you want a good nights sleep, a hot bath and good food, then this place will fit the bill.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Cardiff North Hotel

Reviewed 1 November 2013

When we approached the hotel from the road it looks a little like a block of flats, and not a very well maintained one at that. We are a big fan of Premier Inns, particularly the £29 a night special offers and wanted a couple of nights away at half term.
Despite the outside appearance, this is one of the best we have stayed in. The room was warm, clean and comfortable and the reception staff extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful.
Would recommend. Park and Ride from close by is good as parking charges in the City Centre are extortionate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ryecroft11
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Left a sign for room keeper not to maintain my room but nevertheless entered and changed bed linen and made bed despite specific instructions not to.

Faulty lamp and kettle.

Paintwork on bath coming off, strands of hair found in the bath.

Heating system made regular and loud banging noises for over an hour when we first turned it on upon arrival (11:30 pm). This was not pleasant when we were trying to sleep after a 3 hour journey from Essex.

Heating system had to be explianed by Maintenance officer who arrived 2 hours later.

Did not realise the hotel is off the M4 motorway and opening windows was not an option due to the noise especially in the afternoon and at night.

Also on the third night a distinct smell of marijuana was present when we opened the window. Do Premier Inn not opperate an effective no smoking policy? Getting some fresh air was impossible and the smell of marijuana unbearable.

Vending machine violently shakes drink and caused my fixxy drink to overflow onto my new suit 2 hours before I was due to attend a wedding.

Had to wait over 10 mins for a 'grab and go' breakfast.

Breakfast very steep (£8) with little option for light eaters (like my wife) so she was forced to choose the all you can eat option.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Khalid S
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Cardiff North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Premier Inns are fairly predictable and fortunately for my business use and occasional private use they offer good value for money, comfortable accommodation. I would rate this one a little higher than usual.
Good welcome, good room, good food in their own restaurant.

2  Thank Paulrholmes
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I often stay at this hotel on business trips to Cardiff. It is conveniently located and easy to find. Rooms have always been clean and comfortable with ample pillows and towels. Bathrooms are a little on the small size, but adequate. The staff are always pleasant and welcoming and restaurant staff very polite and efficient. The free half hour access to the hotel wifi is also very useful.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a convenient location with ample parking, then you could not do better than stay here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank freddiewilliams37
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stay here on business as it is just off the A48 and very convenient for the city centre. There is ample car parking, staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and well equipped. The dining room is light and airy and I particularly like the wide selection on the breakfast buffet.
No axe to grind here.

Room Tip: There is a small amount of traffic noise on the A48 side but I did not find it in any way oppressive...
1  Thank BasilOswestry
Reviewed 20 October 2013

stayed here last week for 1 night to visit my son at university. handy location as didn't want to stay in the city centre. the room was clean and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. the only letdown was the restaurant,sorry guys but you really need to sort the service out, long wait for drinks,long wait for food,then only two of the meals came out as I had to 'wait for chips' sorry not good enough. the steak was undercooked when it did come. really did expect better. however- the waitress who came to collect the plates was really lovely and very sorry we were not satisfied-sorry but I can't remember your name but your daughter was training . I would stay here again but don't think I would eat in the restaurant .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family