Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre
US$113
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$94
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
US$118
  • Pool
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$162
US$154
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$47
1,380 results
All reviewsmillennium stadiumcity centreopposite the castlearms parkcar parkbute parkexcellent locationon site parkingreception stafffamily roomwould stay againexecutive roombreakfast was excellentstayed here for one nightgood nights sleepbars and restaurantsfree parking
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Great location, next to the Rugby and not far from the Football. Shops in walking distance. Hotel customer service excellent and staff very friendly. Even the Manager introduced himself and asked for feedback which of course was positive. I even received a complimentary drink. fantastic breakfast keep us coming back. The hotel is a typical Holiday Inn - the rooms aren't spectacular but they're clean and have everything you need. Only criticism is that the bedlinen, well the duvets, are a bit on the cheap/small side. The hotel is located so close to everything that you're just a short walk from the city centre shops (and Cardiff is great for shopping), plus its pubs, restaurants and bars. The Millennium Stadium is also only a short stroll. There is even a theatre within walking distance and opposite the hotel, behind the castle is Bute Park bordered by the river where you can get a public river boat down to Cardiff Bay. Breakfast at the hotel is expectional with a large array of freshly prepared fruits, continental cheeses etc., a variety of pastries, cereals, toast, & full English breakfast. They've just added a pancake maker as well which is not only very quick, the American style pancakes were so good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsHICDFC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your review, and It was really beneficial recently to spend some time with my customers to hear from them what we could do to keep them coming back.

From the sound of things the way the team here treat them is a very good start ,and the addition of the pancake machine to our award winning breakfast has also been a hit!

I do hope that we can meet up again next time you stay, please do drop me a line when you are next in.

Richard

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I do hope the management of Holiday Inn are reading this. You have wonderful staff who engage, smile and make an excellent impression. And you are letting them down through something that is so simply altered. At check-in everything went very smoothly - I was made to feel welcome, I only had to wait a few minutes, everything was in order and efficient. Then I asked about internet access. The receptionist very neutrally told me the charges and tried hard not to wince at my "how much - you have got to be joking". The pain in her eyes told me this was a far too regular occurrence. It spoiled my visit and all that hard work by excellent staff was wasted. Come on Holiday Inn: £16 per 24 hours is not acceptable when I can get free access in almost every coffee bar. Why are you charging so much? I am working and I need to keep in touch with my business when I am travelling.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank PAH2008

Thank you so much for your comments which highlight all the super things my team here try so hard to attain every day.

I am sorry that the cost of internet has taken the edge of what sounds to be a very positive experience. Please do be assured that all feedback such as this is very much taken in to account, as this is a area of the business that is currently being reviewed with further potential changes in 2014.

Thank you for choosing us to stay for your recent trip, and if you have cause to come to Cardiff again, please do contact me personally so I can ensure all arrangements are personally looked at. richard.platts@ihg.com

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Great location, next to the Rugby and not far from the Football.

Shops in walking distance.

Hotel customer service excellent and staff very friendly.

I even received a complimentary drink.

Every time I stay in Cardiff I always stay here.

Car Parking is free if you are in the rewards club from gold level up with free "Wi-Fi"

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, and of course the time taken a couple of weeks back when I was chatting to my guests in the bar.

I do like your title, 'Always Stay Here' when my customers are saying this it really underpins the great work and care the team here display.

Look forward to speaking again soon,

Richard

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We have stayed here several times and the great location and fantastic breakfast keep us coming back. The hotel is a typical Holiday Inn - the rooms aren't spectacular but they're clean and have everything you need. Only criticism is that the bedlinen, well the duvets, are a bit on the cheap/small side. The hotel is located so close to everything that you're just a short walk from the city centre shops (and Cardiff is great for shopping), plus its pubs, restaurants and bars. The Millennium Stadium is also only a short stroll. There is even a theatre within walking distance and opposite the hotel, behind the castle is Bute Park bordered by the river where you can get a public river boat down to Cardiff Bay. Breakfast at the hotel is expectional with a large array of freshly prepared fruits, continental cheeses etc., a variety of pastries, cereals, toast, & full English breakfast. They've just added a pancake maker as well which is not only very quick, the American style pancakes were so good I wanted to smuggle the machine home with me..... yes, will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us for your recent trip to Cardiff and also for taking the time to leave your kind comments on this site.

I am really glad you enjoyed the hotel so much, and also the way you have summarised this brilliant city which is on our doorstep!

I do hope you will be back , we would love to welcome you once more, I shall however keep an eye out for my pancake machine being stashed in a rather large suitcase!

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Cardiff City Centre on Saturday 21st September, 2013. We booked through Laterooms.com and thought we had paid for bed and breakfast. However, when we turned up for breakfast were told that Laterooms.com had booked "room only". However, I assured the Receptionist that we had paid for the breakfast . I would never have paid that sort of room rate without it!!!!!! Well, the Receptionist was lovely - professional and very helpful. Apologised profusely and told us to go have a nice breakfast and enjoy it. The room we had was lovely - very clean and overlooking Cardiff Arms Park and the Millennium Stadium. We go to Cardiff for weekends sometimes as our daughter is at Cardiff University. I will definitely stay at this hotel again but won't be booking it through Laterooms.com!!!! I will probably book direct actually. We were on the 4th Floor. Superb breakfast by the way........

Room Tip: Book direct and tell the Hotel exactly what you require. It is a large Hotel and will be able to accommodate most, if not all, of your requirements
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your detailed comments which really highlight how much our team care about our guests and ensuring that we do everything we can to make your stay great.

I have found out who has helped you , and be assured they will be recognised for the service they have delivered.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit your daughter, please do contact me personally prior to booking so we can ensure all arrangements are put in place in advance to match your expectations. richard.platts@ihg.com