Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre
US$109
US$106
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$192
US$185
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
  • Restaurant
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$101
  • Pool
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$257
US$245
Hotels.com
1,379 results
All reviewsmillennium stadiumcity centreopposite the castlearms parkcar parkbute parkexcellent locationon site parkingreception stafffamily roomwould stay againexecutive roombreakfast was excellentstayed here for one nightgood nights sleepbars and restaurantsfree parking
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed here on a recent vacation to be close to the central bus terminal. The location was great--central, across from the castle. The room was also nice, as to be expected. However, my partner and I agreed that we did not feel as though we got a good value from our stay. This hotel was the most expensive we stayed at during our trip and aside from a few more pillows, we did not feel as though there was extra value. As it has been mentioned, most guests have to pay for wifi which at a hotel of this quality and price range is a bit absurd. The next morning, we had to search for a restaurant that had wifi in order to get transit directions to our next stop. We also felt that the restaurant menu sounded delicious but was over priced. The room was of a good nice though, and the shower had strong water pressure. The hotel staff that we encountered were overall friendly and helpful, although we did have to wait a bit to check in as they appeared to be distracted together in the back room when we arrived (late in the evening on a weekend).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Lauren P,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is nice to know that our location was convenient and our rooms comfortable. I am sorry if you were unhappy with the Wifi charges. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

I sincerely hope that the next time you are in the area, you will give our hotel another try.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently and had a truly average experience. The location is good, staff are friendly and helpful, it is clean and the meeting facilities are good. There were some nice touches like the fresh pastries in the morning in the business area.

But there were a few things that let it down too. I think wifi should be free for residents, it isn't and is expensive compared to other hotels that do charge. The lunches were quite poor. I only ate in the evening once, that put me off - I ordered a medium/rare steak, it came well done, I sent it back and the replacement was not much better. I ate out after that. My executive room was noisy, I am a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me, but I suspect others might not like it. I was on the 6th floor but it sounded like I was next to the laundry.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Ian B,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am happy to read that you appreciate our hotel staff and convenient location. However, I apologize your stay was negatively affected by the internet rate, food selections and noise challenges. We will always ensure that all our guests stays are comfortable. Rest assured that your comments will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had a great weekend in Cardiff but encountered anti- social behaviour from some guests at this hotel . We were disturbed by a group of boys returning in at 5 am the first night , Boys will be boys !! The second night we were woken by extremely loud banging on our door at 04 15 am , this occurred on four separate occasions. This was very disturbing and very intimidating .We called security who were unable to gain access to the room of the culprits to discuss their behaviour .
We discussed it with reception in the morning and we were happy with their response but would have preferred a good nights sleep . The hotel is in a good location and you could not fault the hotel or the staff .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank eglwyswen
GuestRelationsHICDFC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your comments, and I am sorry that a minority caused a disturbance during your stay.

We have reviewed our procedures for the nights team and the security staff who support them in order that any disturbances will be dealt with more swiftly to avoid a situation such as the one you encountered.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Great staff, very courteous, but Holiday Inn insult their customers. To think we can be fobbed off with a complimentary chocolate snack while persisting in charging some customers for the use of their wi-fi service is just rude.
Any corporate hotel chain that does this deserves a slap.
I recently stayed at a charming private hotel that happily provided free wi-fi. If they can afford to do it, Holiday Inn can too.
Oh, and the foyer and bar area are the most characterless carpeted areas in the whole city. A desert of beige. And the quality of the breakfast could be improved, too. The sausages tasted wrong and the fried egg had gone solid.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that has a bathroom big enough to turn around in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jamesclement
GuestRelationsHICDFC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

I am really sorry at your apparent disappointment from your recent stay.

Please be assured that I have made a concise and detailed note of your comments and observations in order that we can act upon them where appropriate , and of course use feedback when looking at future pricing decisions.

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The location is superb, rooms starting to look a little tired but there WAS a bedside plug to charge your phone (and allow you to turn the alarm off without a trek across the room!) which is lacking in most hotels nowadays! Not a very hot shower.
Some biscuits would have been nice to go with the free tea and coffee. Breakfast was good. What was really shocking though was the fact that there was no free wifi. I joined the frequent guest scheme but you only get a free newspaper for that and I would have preferred free internet. Join the 21st century please!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nikki H

Thank you for your response, and I am sorry that all your expectations were not met on this occasion.

As an IHG Rewards Club member your status in the coming months will allow complimentary access to Wifi as your points progress, any of our teams in the hotels will be happy to advise on your membership status in relation to this. Indeed if you wish to contact me personally, I would happily look at this for you.