Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre
US$113
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$118
  • Pool
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$95
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$132
US$115
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$76
Priceline
1,380 results
All reviewsmillennium stadiumcity centreopposite the castlearms parkcar parkbute parkexcellent locationon site parkingreception stafffamily roomwould stay againexecutive roombreakfast was excellentstayed here for one nightgood nights sleepbars and restaurantsfree parking
Reviewed 12 February 2014

2 nights on business. Surprisingly cheap for a Hotel located within the city centre, but then you get what you pay for, as the saying goes.
Staff friendly and helpful
Parking ample
Well located
Hotel is dated and in need of refurbishment . Double bed was actually two singles pushed together. Paper thin walls, so yes very noisy , I could hear neighbours on the loo umm nice not !.,
Wifi dreadful, hello it is 2014 !!
Shower very poor and bathroom very basic, not that clean either
Didn't eat in the hotel so cannot comment
I would not recommend as found other hotels close by of similar price but far superior

Stayed: February 2014
GuestRelationsHICDFC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that your stay was not all that you expected, but pleased to note you found us competitively priced with a welcoming team attentive to your needs

I shall of course follow up on your comments and am of course grateful for you bringing these to our attention.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

And so, we arrive easily, great access, plenty of parking. Travelled to visit family and booked two rooms, one for my husband and I and one for my Mother. Our rooms were not ready initially as we arrived at 10.30am but our bags were taken and stored for us. When we arrived back, the rooms were all prepared and were extremely spacious, light, airy and with hugs beds - larger that SuperKing. We were on the 3rd floor, on the road side - it is worth pointing out here that I was therefore expecting some traffic/city centre noise - there was none! Extremely quiet and peaceful. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful, giving my party adjoining rooms. Bar staff were jovial and chatty, and the atmosphere was friendly and competent. Breakfast was actually one of the best I have had from the 'buffet' style brigade, mushrooms and tomatoes that were proper;y cooked as opposed to being warmed through and raw, excellent sausages, black pudding, choice of eggs etc. Great fruit, juice, yoghurt, breads and meat/cheese choice. Even gluten free bread to be had for me - definite well worth the £9.50 cost. Heavens, almost with going there for breakfast even if your not staying. Great range of newspapers on hand, free on charge, on way into dining room, all creating a memorable, relaxed and slightly indulgent feeling stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't worry about being on the road side - it was surprisingly quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mgfreak
GuestRelationsHICDFC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

I am so glad we provided a 'Cheeky' getaway for your family and by the sound of things you had a really great time with us.

Thank you for your review, and I shall pass on your kind remarks to the team.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my friends stayed here for my hen weekend and had a lovely stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff attentive and friendly. Breakfast was very good and the hotel is in prime place in Cardiff city centre. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank becca_boo75

Thank you for your review and for choosing us to stay with when you held your hen weekend in Cardiff.

We have a great range of attractions and reasons to visit the city which is why it appeals to so many people, I am really glad that it ticked your box for your celebrations.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point .

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stay here twice a year whilst working in Cardiff and, this time, noticed things had definitely changed for the better. Most obvious was the improved morale and attitude of the staff - made me wonder if there'd been a management change. Rooms seemed to have been at least part refurbished and much cleaner. Restaurant staff were delightful and quality of food seems much improved. Looking forward to going back in May/June.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear, facing the old Cardiff Arms Park Rugby ground are much quieter. Also some rooms have adjoining doors which are not very soundproof - best to check this out.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay much more this time around, and thank you for your kind comments regarding the team who looked after you.

I am delighted to see that you will be visiting us again early in the Summer, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

kind regards

Reviewed 30 January 2014

A great location, helpful staff. good beds..... but minus points. The biggest was the evening meal - my group as well as pretty well everyone else had to wait ages for their meals. A single course took me over an hour and those having dessert were closing on 2. More kitchen staff perhaps? The rooms are a bit tired in places too. Bar prices are high, especially sundries.
Breakfast is good with a lot of variety and even a pancake machine.
A good place to stay but could be better. There are a lot of good restaurants nearby that are better - and cheaper.

Room Tip: Get even number rooms as these tend to be on the Millenium Stadium side and away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelationsHICDFC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for your review, and choosing us to stay with recently.

I am sorry that there seems to have been a lapse in our usual high standards in the restaurant, of course we shall ensure that any issues encountered on the evening when you dined have been investigated and learnings passed through out the team.

I am glad that you found the team helpful and that the location suited your needs well.