My husband was attending a meeting in Cardiff and was booked into the Holiday Inn for two nights. The room was clean and comfortable on the 6th floor overlooking the river Taff and Cardiff rugby stadium. The bathroom was small but served the purpose. Breakfast and Dinner were acceptable.
My husband is very hard of hearing and unfortunately his hearing aid broke, and we needed a solution to the problem as he would not have been able to hear in the meeting he was due to attend. We decided to go to the audiology department in the nearest hospital. Richard the general manager of the Holiday Inn was helping in the dining room at breakfast time I approached him to enquire about the bus routes to the University hospital's audiology department, Without hesitation, he offered a taxi at the hotel's expense up to the hospital and we were transported there, a distance of about three miles, in a very short time. Even though the hospital was unable, or unwilling, to assist, we are very grateful for Richard's generosity and willingness to help. We do not know of any other hotel which would go out of their way to assist their guests in this way. He also enquired later if our problem had been solved. The ladies at reception were also very helpful and understanding.
Thank you Richard and your staff , your help was greatly appreciated and we will certainly be returning to the Holiday Inn, Cardiff in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Cardiff is situated between the Millennium Stadium and Cardiff Castle, perfectly located for the business or leisure traveller. The hotel is easy to reach from the M4 and offers parking for up to 85 cars on site. Charges will apply. Cardiff Central Station is a 5 minute walk from the Holiday Inn Cardiff ,Cardiff Airport is a 30 minute drive. With the City Centre only minutes away, you can enjoy the Edwardian Arcades for shopping or visit the Cardiff Bay. The city offers many vibrant new restaurants and bars. The Holiday Inn is ideally located if you are visiting the Cardiff International Arena, New Theatre, or the St Davids Hall. The 157 bedrooms are all fully air conditioned and offer high speed internet access and are equipped with all the required facilities. Family rooms are available and we offer 4 accessible rooms, one with ceiling hoist track. The Hotel Bar offers a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere and serves refreshments and light snacks. The Restaurant serves a full a La Carte menu and Kids eat free. Callaghan's Bar, Relax in our Pub and watch live sports action on our large TV's. The Academy Conference offers 11 purpose build conference rooms. The largest conference room can accommodate 150 delegates in theatre style. All rooms have got natural daylight and air conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre Wales