Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Above average Holiday Inn. Excellent location for city centre. Overlooks the Milenium stadium. Rooms decent size and clean and well maintained. Good size lobby and bar area. Plentiful car parking on site a little dear but convenient.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rhinomanleeds
GuestRelationsHICDFC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay.

The time taken to write your review is most appreciated, and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Richard Platts

Write a ReviewReviews (1,266)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Revisited recently to find the rooms have been freshened up with new paintwork and furniture. Makes a great difference. Ideally located whether business or leisure. Staff are friendly. Food acceptable quality. Only challenge is getting a room when Rugby games are on!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us once again.

I am glad you like the improvements to our rooms, and we have more planned over the coming months too.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Pay well over £100 and still not get free WiFi in this day and age. Smacks of Ryan Air. Holiday Inn, come into the 21st Century, please!

Other than that all was fine. Worth paying extra for premier rooms to get extra space and good views over Bute Park.....

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsHICDFC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your review, and your observations regarding our WiFi.

From July all our IHG Rewards members will be able to obtain complimentary access, for non members the registration process is simple and has no cost, with many other great benefits.

I do hope that this is a facility you will be able to make use of in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first stay in a Holiday Inn and it was very pleasant. Refreshing decor, very comfortable room and bed, all lean and relaxing. The view was the football stadium, but opposite rooms overlook the castle! Food in the restaurant is excellent quality and lots to choose from. Especially at breakfast time. Would definitley stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelationsHICDFC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your review and I am so glad you had such a great stay.

Lots of our guest s enjoy the views from their rooms, be it over the stadium or the beautiful park opposite.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on business (for the first time) on 12th May 2014.

I am now a regular Holiday Inn customer, being a member of their Rewards Club since December 2013.

The hotel is easy to find. The onsite parking is convenient, although chargeable, but which, I understand, represents good value compared to the local parking.

Check-in was a little slow. I arrived here at 17:30 (so I’d expect it to be a little busy). It took about 10 minutes, although the receptionist was apologetic about the wait. check out was smooth and with no queue (around 09:30).

My room was clean and comfortable, although not exactly soundproof. I could hear other guests from time to time, but I slept well. The bathroom was rather small.

I ate Dinner in the restaurant and the food was reasonable, and the service good. However, after dinner (about 19:30), when I went to the bar, they had run out of draught lager!

Breakfast was fine. I only had muesli, orange juice and coffee, but the service was good.

As I am yet to become an “Elite Member”, broadband was chargeable. I refuse to pay this, although it is true to say that this was made clear when booking.

All in all, it was a reasonably priced hotel (before you add on breakfast, internet and parking) in a central location. Location wasn’t an issue for me, as I was staying here enroute, and I didn’t venture into the City.

I’d stay here again, but would consider alternatives.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and for choosing us to stay with.

I am glad you had an enjoyable stay and found everything to your liking.

All IHG Rewards Members get WiFi access from July so hopefully that will be an added benefit as a brand standard when you book with us.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband was attending a meeting in Cardiff and was booked into the Holiday Inn for two nights. The room was clean and comfortable on the 6th floor overlooking the river Taff and Cardiff rugby stadium. The bathroom was small but served the purpose. Breakfast and Dinner were acceptable.
My husband is very hard of hearing and unfortunately his hearing aid broke, and we needed a solution to the problem as he would not have been able to hear in the meeting he was due to attend. We decided to go to the audiology department in the nearest hospital. Richard the general manager of the Holiday Inn was helping in the dining room at breakfast time I approached him to enquire about the bus routes to the University hospital's audiology department, Without hesitation, he offered a taxi at the hotel's expense up to the hospital and we were transported there, a distance of about three miles, in a very short time. Even though the hospital was unable, or unwilling, to assist, we are very grateful for Richard's generosity and willingness to help. We do not know of any other hotel which would go out of their way to assist their guests in this way. He also enquired later if our problem had been solved. The ladies at reception were also very helpful and understanding.
Thank you Richard and your staff , your help was greatly appreciated and we will certainly be returning to the Holiday Inn, Cardiff in future.

1  Thank NorthWalesGolfers

What can I say, except thank you for your review and also for choosing us to stay with.

I am glad that I was able to assist, and encourage my team to do the same which I hope is apparent from the reviews we get on here.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Please do drop me a line next time you book with us.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The rooms are pretty decent, much what you'd expect. The best thing about this hotel is where it is, perfect location for the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff Castle and all the shopping areas. The restaurant isn't all that, pretty basic food for inflated prices so go out to eat, there's plenty that's close enough to walk to and Cardiff is pretty accessible for wheelchair users too. The conference facilities are good and the catering staff do a great job of providing different break time treats every day so if you're the for several days there a good variety and although it's a little thing, it makes a difference.
Be aware that if there's is a big international sporting event on, you may end up having a sleepless night if you unfortunate enough to be on the same floor as a group of hard drinking fans.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the castle, it's not a deal breaker but it's better than looking a...