I spent 3 nights at the Holiday Inn in Cardiff with my girlfriend, her mother, sister and her partner for 3 nights away. The location is very close to the shops, bars and restaurant. It is also next door to the Millenium stadium. It has it's own car park which is £10 for 24hrs which isn't too bad.
The hotel throughout appeared to be clean and tidy.
On check-in we were asked if we would be eating breakfast at the hotel which would be an extra £9 per person per morning. Most hotels of this price that I have been to include the breakfast. We decided not to pay for the breakfast at the hotel and go across the road to Wetherspoons where I could have pretty much anything for £3-£4.
I then asked about Internet access in the room and was told that it would be £15 per 24 hours. Taking into account that we were there for 3 nights that would have added £45 to the bill. I didn't need to use the Internet a lot, just for emails and googling tourist activites, restaurants and bars so we just ended up using our smart phones for that. We found some vouchers for discounts at certain chain restaurants that we needed to print out. When we asked the hotel they told us that they didn't have a printer that we could use and would have to go to the library which was next door to John Lewis. The library is a nice, modern building with friendly staff. They gave free Internet access and charged 20p per print which was a fair price to pay. It seemed as though a few people there had the same idea and were printing out restaurant discount vouchers too.
The hotel had no fitness facilities or pool.
Before we went out one evening we decided to buy a drink from the hotel bar. 3 drinks = £16.40. Very expensive for a couple of glasses of wine and a beer.
Back to the room...... the room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and had some really good sleep. There was a lack of plug sockets, I think there were 2 available for use. We had 2 phones, camera batteries, hair straighteners and a laptop to plug in so we were constantly having to climb under the dresser to switch plugs. The bathroom was quite small but again clean, air conditioning worked well and there was an old style philips hotel style CRT TV as opposed to one of the more recent flat screens.
I know that I have said both positive and negative things about this hotel but I have tried to give a real life review stating all observations that might be of use to anyone reading this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Cardiff is situated between the Millennium Stadium and Cardiff Castle, perfectly located for the business or leisure traveller. The hotel is easy to reach from the M4 and offers parking for up to 85 cars on site. Charges will apply. Cardiff Central Station is a 5 minute walk from the Holiday Inn Cardiff ,Cardiff Airport is a 30 minute drive. With the City Centre only minutes away, you can enjoy the Edwardian Arcades for shopping or visit the Cardiff Bay. The city offers many vibrant new restaurants and bars. The Holiday Inn is ideally located if you are visiting the Cardiff International Arena, New Theatre, or the St Davids Hall. The 157 bedrooms are all fully air conditioned and offer high speed internet access and are equipped with all the required facilities. Family rooms are available and we offer 4 accessible rooms, one with ceiling hoist track. The Hotel Bar offers a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere and serves refreshments and light snacks. The Restaurant serves a full a La Carte menu and Kids eat free. Callaghan's Bar, Relax in our Pub and watch live sports action on our large TV's. The Academy Conference offers 11 purpose build conference rooms. The largest conference room can accommodate 150 delegates in theatre style. All rooms have got natural daylight and air conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre Wales