Open today: 10:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Great fun!

Really enjoyed our 25 minute speed boat ride. Staff were very friendly and helpful. My younger... read more

Reviewed 30 August 2021
JoW1773
Me and the kids loved it.

I was visiting Cardiff Bay and decided to take a boat trip as a last minute decision. I had a 7 and... read more

Reviewed 29 August 2021
MikeFen
Bridgend, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews bay blast great fun flatholm island boat trip speed boat fast ride longer trip boat crew rib ride thrilling ride life jackets adrenaline rush birthday treat waves pilot shore excitement
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2014

Myself and my wife went for the 15 minute Bay blast. Absolutely fantastic fun and the crew were brilliant.
Remember to head for the yellow boats as we found the guys running the blue boats were miserable money grabbers.

Date of experience: July 2014
2  Thank 411matts
Reviewed 11 September 2014

The whole experience was great. The crew were very friendly and made sure we were aware of the safety aspects before leaving the dock. They were quite informative and explained all about the locks how they worked and how they were constructed. During the ride they gave some information regarding the local area and the tidal features of the Bristol channel. The boat ride itself was brilliant and very fast with some high speed maneuvers to raise the thrill level. The day we went was calm and sunny so we didn't get wet at all but I would recommend a jacket of some sort even on the nicest days. The crew supply a jacket if required although the one I was given was a bit smelly (crew please take note).
This is a trip that all can enjoy and would thoroughly recommend it.

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank PhillipB417
Reviewed 8 September 2014

My colleagues and I went to this for a team building activity and we had so much fun. The boats go very fast around the bay and are lots of fun, there is music playing and the guys incorporated lots of activities into this which involved working together as a team to solve problems, I feel this attraction certainly helped make our team stronger. I would love to go back and do this again.

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I wanted to use a Groupon Voucher for ride, which my wife bought for me ...It not expensive but Cardiff Sea Safaris wouldn't honour voucher code as unable to book me in or my family within the time allocation. As a result I called back as "Joe Public" to book a ride and if I paid the full price space seemed not to be an issue. I honestly felt this was a little underhand and made a complaint but the customer service was appalling and the words used in response I will not type.....needless to say I didn't book the ride and vowed never to use this company again......I appreciate I am only one person and my money will not make or break their bank but I was very disappointed to be spoken too as a customer and maybe Sea Safaris need some coaching in that department.

Date of experience: June 2014
8  Thank SJ262013
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Good way to spend a hour flying about in a boats on the waves in the Bristol channel. Got up to 50mph at one point.