“Not so keen” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Preste Gaarden

Preste Gaarden
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cardiff
Preste Gaarden
Ranked #50 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
londongaskell
“Not so keen”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2008

Was quite disappointed in this place: although friendly on the phone when I booked, the person who let me in (at night) had clearly had a bit to drink, and was a bit creepy. This creepiness was compounded by the fact that the lock on the my bedroom door did not work. The bathroom (across the hall) for my private use had only been minimally cleaned -- if at all from the previous guest. The television did not work. Breakfast was okay, but I was clearly discouraged from ordering a full breakfast. The only speedy service I got was from the owner (I presume), who bounded down the corridor when I came to finalize the bill. The overall impression was slightly creepy, irresponsible, and greedy.

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank gaskellLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ayrshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2006

We had a great stay here, we had the family room with 2 great double beds in a very spacious room. (en suite) The breakfasts were substantial and we had tea,coffee and biscuits supplied every day in our room. It is also very well placed, with a short walk through the park to the main street in Cardiff. We would definately use this hotel again.

• Liked — Location and service
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Nettle33
Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2005

My bathroom which was across the hall from my bedroom could not have been cleaned since the previous occupant.The floor was covered in hairs and dead midges on my arrivalThe toilet was in need of a dose of bleach.The bed sheets were clean but the skirting boards were filthy,not just dusty.My son and his girlfriend shared a room with a curtain rail but no curtains.We were so stunned we could not complain,just spent as little time as possible in the premises.We even gave breakfast a miss and went to Mc Donalds.Reasonably priced but in need of a good spring clean

• Stayed June 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank cheekers2

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2003

I was greeted by very friendly hosts in the comfortable surroundings. My room was great. The rooms are small but very clean and well maintained. I loved my stay there on my first trip to Wales.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member