“Great Hotel”
Review of Jolyon's at No. 10

Jolyon's at No. 10
Ranked #8 of 47 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We have just returned from having my daughters wedding reception at this hotel on 2nd November.. They looked after her very well, We stayed for 2 nights. I cannot tell you how lovely this hotel was. The staff were very attentive and met your every needs, We stayed in one of the suites which was really nice and clean with 2 separate areas, first part with a lounge with tv and nice comfy sofa which turned into a sofa bed and bedroom with bathroom with jacussi bath and mood lighting. Breakfast was fantastic with a great choice including smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, and even crepes. Was very central just around the corner from the castle and shopping centre.

i would definitely stay at this hotel again, i cannot rate it enough.

Room Tip: Suites are at the front so expect some traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TwixCheltenhamGlosUk

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We had an amazing weekend for a 30th University Reunion at this hotel. The bedrooms were a delight. The staff were all charming and couldn't do enough for you.

With regard to prices, we found it to be excellent value for money.

This place is a little treasure and would recommend it to all. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Stayed two nights here for a wedding and was generally really pleased. Staff were really friendly and helpful, the bar open late on request and help was always forthcoming. Rooms were nice, clean and comfortable with attractive fittings and nice designer touches. Breakfast was a little haphazard but I think they had an oven down or similar so hopefully wouldn't be repeated. Location is excellent - right in the heart of Cardiff next to Sophia Gardens next to the river, which is pretty much perfect.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Stayed at Jolyons at No 10 for a couple of nights whilst working in Cardiff recently. It was recommended by someone in my office. When I arrived there was an 18th birthday party in full swing in the bar (you should understand this is a sort of pub/hotel not a Marriott or a guesthouse) and I was worried about noise... I needn't have been. My room was a couple of floors up and once you ascend up the stairs/lift you can't hear a thing. The room was nicely done with trendy but not in-your-face decor... if I was comparing I'd say they were going for a kind of Hotel du Vin feel but aimed at younger (and less affluent) people. Complimentery mineral water, tea, coffee. Decent TV. High quality bed/bedding - I slept like a log.

Bathroom really was a treat - well actually it was a wet room. One of the best showers I've ever used in a hotel (and I travel a lot). Heated towel rail and underfloor heating too.

Breakfast was great, cooked fresh to order and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The price was very reasonable too. I'd stay here over any of the larger chains in Cardiff any time.

** a note about parking - there are a few bookable spaces to the rear of the hotel - worth asking about when you book. Otherwise you park at the front on the road until 8am. There is pay and display on the road behind the hotel (easily accessible thanks to a rear gate) but it's around £10 if you leave it there overnight. Not a criticism of Jolyons - this just how parking is now in central Cardiff.

Room Tip: I've only been there once but would recommend a deluxe room at the back of the building - it was...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This is the second time myself and my husband have stayed at this hotel, and I cannot fault it, the staff there are excellent, our special thanks go out to Rhian, but can't fault any of the other staff, they were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. I can't quite understand the bad reviews that are here for this hotel, we will definitely go there again, actually my friend has already booked it way in advance for out little trip to Cardiff next year for the 6 nations Grand Slam final Wales v. England, so look out Jolyons, us three girls can't wait. So convenient for the Millennium Stadium as well, I had a meeting there this week, and for the shops. So what more can you want. Thank you very much to all at Jolyons, two very happy customers this week :-)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This Hotel is in a really good poistion for sightseeing. It is small boutique Hotel with just 21 rooms.
The staff are friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. Rhian gave helpful suggestions as to
Restaurants and details of sightseeing tours and handed out a great Map of Cardiff.
Will certainly book this hotel again .

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are a little quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I cannot thank the team at Jolyon's enough for such a beautiful weekend. My partner and I stayed at the hotel last weekend for my brother's wedding. My brother and his wife had their wedding meal and party in the White Room at Jolyon's - what can I say?! The venue was perfect for their wedding celebrations, so trendy and modern but relaxing and comfortable. The White Room is a really lovely light and sunny room. The food for the wedding was gorgeous, as was the beautiful cooked breakfast the next morning!! Rhian and the team were faultless, nothing was too much for them, they helped to ensure that the day ran smoothly for my brother and his bride and they were so friendly and efficient. My partner and I stayed in the Aylesbury Suite; a beautiful, spacious, modern suite with a lovely bathroom and super comfy bed. The staff kept stocking us up with plenty of tea and coffee which was fab! Lots of friends and family travelled far and wide to attend my brother's wedding and they all thought the hotel was a very special place! Thank you for such a great weekend, we will definitely be back to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Jolyons10, Manager at Jolyon's at No. 10, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

with kind regards