“Perfect break away”

Jolyon's at No. 10
Ranked #8 of 44 Cardiff B&B and Inns
“Perfect break away”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Me and my partner decided to book jolyons no10 as a break away and also an opportunity to make a start at our Christmas shopping. We love staying in bouitique hotels and recomented this one by a friend living in cardiff. We were greated in a very friendly manor and were shown to our room the harlequin suite. The room was amazing and had a plunge pool bath. The room was very spacious and had a stunning chesterfield sofa in its longe area and its very own mini bar, the furniture in the room was beautiful and elegant. It was only a ten minutes walk to the city centre, which was perfect for a planned day of shopping. When we returned to the hotel we had a few hours to take advantage of the fabulous plunge pool before making our way down our evening meal. The service was so warming and the atmosphere was set with candles lovely music playing and a log fire burning. The food was outstanding really enjoyed the both courses from the well layed out menu.
I had a very comfortable nights sleep, had a excellent breakfast to top of a perfect stay. When checking out my partner got chatting about the hotels and its rooms, Hannah was very happy to then show around some of the other suites and rooms which were again all very unique in there design. I loved my stay
and would highly recommend in to everyone.
Mr Morgans

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My wife and I stayed in Cardiff for a get away night and decided on Jolyons.

The staff - couldn't do enough for us. Helped with our bag and showed us to the room.

The room - Wow! A plunge pool .. I have not seen that before. The suite had plenty of space with a separate lounge area. It was warm and cosy for a cold autumns night.

We had a sandwich in the bar before going out. I had the Cwtch Club and what a sandwich. It was presented so well and tasted just as good.

The bar was full of atmosphere when we got back in the night so we stayed for a few drinks. Felt so relaxed - much more than any bar I have been to before. Much much more than just a hotel bar!

We stopped by for breakfast the following morning. We had a full welsh breakfast which was so filling and delicious. There was so much more choice. Again the waiting staff were cheerful and helpful - not like some of the bigger hotels where sometimes the attention to detail isn't there. They had the fine balance right here - enough but not intrusive.

We booked another stay for the new year and are really looking forward to it. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a fantastic time in Cardiff.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank SimonHughesUK
Cheltenham Glos Uk
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We have just returned from having my daughters wedding reception at this hotel on 2nd November.. They looked after her very well, We stayed for 2 nights. I cannot tell you how lovely this hotel was. The staff were very attentive and met your every needs, We stayed in one of the suites which was really nice and clean with 2 separate areas, first part with a lounge with tv and nice comfy sofa which turned into a sofa bed and bedroom with bathroom with jacussi bath and mood lighting. Breakfast was fantastic with a great choice including smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, and even crepes. Was very central just around the corner from the castle and shopping centre.

i would definitely stay at this hotel again, i cannot rate it enough.

Room Tip: Suites are at the front so expect some traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TwixCheltenhamGlosUk
Flempton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We had an amazing weekend for a 30th University Reunion at this hotel. The bedrooms were a delight. The staff were all charming and couldn't do enough for you.

With regard to prices, we found it to be excellent value for money.

This place is a little treasure and would recommend it to all. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Stayed two nights here for a wedding and was generally really pleased. Staff were really friendly and helpful, the bar open late on request and help was always forthcoming. Rooms were nice, clean and comfortable with attractive fittings and nice designer touches. Breakfast was a little haphazard but I think they had an oven down or similar so hopefully wouldn't be repeated. Location is excellent - right in the heart of Cardiff next to Sophia Gardens next to the river, which is pretty much perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Stayed at Jolyons at No 10 for a couple of nights whilst working in Cardiff recently. It was recommended by someone in my office. When I arrived there was an 18th birthday party in full swing in the bar (you should understand this is a sort of pub/hotel not a Marriott or a guesthouse) and I was worried about noise... I needn't have been. My room was a couple of floors up and once you ascend up the stairs/lift you can't hear a thing. The room was nicely done with trendy but not in-your-face decor... if I was comparing I'd say they were going for a kind of Hotel du Vin feel but aimed at younger (and less affluent) people. Complimentery mineral water, tea, coffee. Decent TV. High quality bed/bedding - I slept like a log.

Bathroom really was a treat - well actually it was a wet room. One of the best showers I've ever used in a hotel (and I travel a lot). Heated towel rail and underfloor heating too.

Breakfast was great, cooked fresh to order and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The price was very reasonable too. I'd stay here over any of the larger chains in Cardiff any time.

** a note about parking - there are a few bookable spaces to the rear of the hotel - worth asking about when you book. Otherwise you park at the front on the road until 8am. There is pay and display on the road behind the hotel (easily accessible thanks to a rear gate) but it's around £10 if you leave it there overnight. Not a criticism of Jolyons - this just how parking is now in central Cardiff.

Room Tip: I've only been there once but would recommend a deluxe room at the back of the building - it was...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This is the second time myself and my husband have stayed at this hotel, and I cannot fault it, the staff there are excellent, our special thanks go out to Rhian, but can't fault any of the other staff, they were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. I can't quite understand the bad reviews that are here for this hotel, we will definitely go there again, actually my friend has already booked it way in advance for out little trip to Cardiff next year for the 6 nations Grand Slam final Wales v. England, so look out Jolyons, us three girls can't wait. So convenient for the Millennium Stadium as well, I had a meeting there this week, and for the shops. So what more can you want. Thank you very much to all at Jolyons, two very happy customers this week :-)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business