Jolyon's at No. 10
US$120
US$106
US$109
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$186
  • Restaurant
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Room Service
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$85
US$91
US$84
Orbitz.com
US$101
US$87
  • Pool
All reviewsboutique hotelwhite roomblue lightsophia gardenscompact roomlovely boutiquecity centrejacuzzi bathbute parkupgraded to a suitesmall hotelcar parkcomfy bedmillennium stadiumideal locationcooked breakfastfollowing morning
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I booked this as a two night stay via groupon, what a bargain ! Hotel is only a ten minute stroll from central Cardiff and less than five minutes from the lovely park and river by the castle so all in all a perfect location.

Parking - Only space for 5 cars so book early, if not dont panic there is loads of on street free parking down the sideroads nearby. We left ours five minutes away and never needed it as the town was so close.

Room - We had a great suite with a jacuzzi bath and mood lighting, very relaxing. The room was quite large but the TV was a little small and wall mounted along way from the bed but hey I didnt go to watch TV.

The bathroom was not well lit and had a bi-fold door, because of this there was a step which was a little dangerous when you were stood at the sink as the ledge was not the widest but minor things.

Breakfast - Thank You, this was one of the best hotel breakfasts Ive had. A full welsh, LOVELY. You could also choose from smoked salmon, lava bread, kippers and a full cold selection. I couldnt eat all day I was still full.

Staff were very friendly especially the breakfast staff nothing was too much.

We went to the docs and saw the other Jolyon's and have to say we would have been happy to stay there as well as its a great location on the bay.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room at the back and got it. 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
jolyons, General Manager at Jolyon's at No. 10, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear CovDemon,

Thank you very much for such I kind review.

I am really thrilled to read that you had an all round good experience

it would give me great pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Have a very Merry Christmas,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The hotel is centrally located and accessible. Staff offered a warm welcome, and the room was stylish with a very comfortable bed. However, there were lots of little niggles that spoiled the experience-things like no tissue box, nor the bathrobes or sweet treats advertised in the blurb. The little touches you expect with paying £100 for 1 night room only(no breakfast included) were missing, and it descended into something approaching farce when the manager got stuck in the lift and staff were so busy trying to get him out that the second half of our party never managed to book in at all. There was a very noisy party going on below our room, and participants wandering round swearing loudly because the bartender had apparently disappeared (maybe he was in the lift too?). The management asked for feedback by email, but when we raised these issues they never bothered to respond. Sadly we wont be staying a second time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Debbie W,

Thank you very much for your recent review regarding your visit to our hotel. I am very disappointed to read of a number of elements that spoiled your stay.

I am the hotel General Manager, and it wasn't myself that had got trapped in the lift it was a director the lift broke down, I apologise it this effected the service you received.

I currently reviewing training with my housekeeping team to ensure that all final touches that should be in the rooms are there, please accept my apologies for this.

I consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who genuinely care about our guests comfort and enjoyment during their stay and I am frustrated that during your stay we were unable to either pre-empt or totally rectify the problems faced - it is never our intention for our guests to leave unhappy

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas

Reviewed 27 November 2013

A really nice hotel and friendly, helpful staff, but too many niggles to score highly. In the bathroom the light was too poor to shave by, the shower screen didn't prevent the floor getting very wet, there were not enough places to hang the towels, and there was no spare loo roll: simple things that made a big difference. On the second morning of our visit the breakfast service was very slow, and somehow the chef managed to poach the eggs so the yolk was hard and the white was runny.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear The Real Jimbob

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. I am sorry for any disappointment caused, it is never our intention for our guests to leave unhappy.

you comments have been shared with the relevant team members.

renewed regards and have a lovely Christmas,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed Friday to Sunday and were made to feel very welcome on our arrival. The man on reception helped us with our luggage as we were on the fourth floor, there is a lift which was great. The suite we stayed in was immaculate and luxurious, the bath with Jacuzzi and mood lighting was wonderful and the shower brilliant too. The downstairs bar was very busy on the Friday as there was a rugby game on so we didn't drink in there on the Friday evening. Saturday afternoon however, we had a meal in there and the food was 5* could not fault any of it. The staff help you with anything and nothing is too much trouble for them. A delightful stay, and will most definitely be staying again. Just ashame we had to leave. I will be recommending Jolyons@no10 to everyone I know! Top notch hotel. Thankyou to the staff for making our stay so amazing!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Vixen81

thank you very much for such a kind review, I am thrilled to read you had a great stay.

I will look forward to seeing you on another visit in the near future,

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just had a 2 night stay and loved it! Couldn't fault the staff - the chef even cooked our dinner early as we were going to the rugby. The food was excellent - I can highly recommend the pork belly! we had a compact room but it was more than big enough, very comfortable and the plunge pool bath very welcome after a long day walking.

The position is very good, backs on to the park and river and 5 mins from the Millenium stadium and city centre.

Would highly recommend Jolyons.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear BundyBoy England,

Thank you very much for such great comments regarding you visit

I am very please to read that you will also recommend your hotel

wishing you a Merry Christmas