“Not what it pretends to be !”
Review of Jolyon's at No. 10

Jolyon's at No. 10
Ranked #7 of 44 Cardiff B&B and Inns
France
“Not what it pretends to be !”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

More like some rooms above a bar restaurant ! Warm welcome by receptionist on arrival but everything else was second rate. Room small and very hot (but fan provided). Staff more focussed on bar/restaurant than "hotel" (I.e. rooms). Ages to get anyone to answer phone (friend calling me tried 5 times - 3 no answers 1 cut off). Very odd bathroom with raised floor next to bath for WC which had loose seat. No shaving light. 1 of 3 lights not working. Takes more than trendy fittings and flock wall paper to make a hotel - "boutique" or otherwise ! 3 colleagues had similar experiences in different rooms.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank PeterPan2
jolyons, General Manager at Jolyon's at No. 10, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear PeterPan2,

Thank you for your review, I am very disappointed to read of your review and I am sorry our accommodation and service did not meet your expectations.

Jolyon's Boutique Hotels pride our selves with our high standard rooms and our commitment to guest service and it is frustrating to read we did not deliver our usual high standards at this time.

Carl Davies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My stay was organised for business purposes and as such booked on my behalf. On arrival the receptionist was excellent and could not have been more helpful and accommodating. Having been shown to my room (209) a very good size room with contemporary decor and very clean and tidy with modern fitments. Good size and very comfortable bed. The bathroom was a good size and well equipped and modern. The only negative is the bathroom window is clear glass and looks out to an office block. Be sure to close the blind! In the morning I enjoyed a very pleasant breakfast that was extensive, fresh and well produced. Overall, if you require a good hotel at excellent value in Cardiff, look no further.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear 186254David_B,

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad that the hotel met your business trip requirements.

Bathrooms this week are undergoing window frosting due to feedback from our guests.

We do hope to see you in the near future.

Stourbridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Overall the stay was very pleasant, but my rather small gripe is now becoming bigger due to the lack of communication and acknowledgment from the hotel management, and it is now beginning to become very annoying. Emails have been sent, attempts to contact on the day were made and in my eyes all have been ignored , very dis appointing and will put me off recommending the hotel in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Justin B,

Thank you for your review, looking at your feedback I have received no email that I can relate this feedback to.

Please be advised Info@jolyons.co.uk is non existent please forward any queries to reception.city@jolyons.co.uk and your email will reach me direct alternately please contact me direct on 02920091900 where I will be more than happy to assist.

UK
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My daughter and I really enjoyed our 2 night stay at Jolyons. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. The hotel had lovely features with attention to detail. Our room had an impressive 4 poster bed and a super drenching power shower. We were warned the room was hot but a fan was provided. Loved the little extras such as home made yummy biscuits. Well situated to Cardiff city centre and very easy to find. The breakfast choice was impressive and all in all we had a great time and would well recommend it to others who want a place to stay with individuality and comfort.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
jolyons, General Manager at Jolyon's at No. 10, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Nicocaran,

Thank you for suck a lovely review, I am glad to read you enjoyed your room and you found our homemade treats yummy

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a night in Cardiff on Business and was recommended to this Hotel by my Client.
Fantastic Décor very quirky, the room was decorated beautifully with a plunge bath with great lighting very chic.Nice touches of home made biscuits and a little jar of sweets.
Bar Staff were friendly and met the owner who couldn't have made us more welcome.
Nothing was to much trouble.
I will always stay here when in Cardiff

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Stephen H,

Thank you very much for your recent review. It is great to read you will recommend our hotel; Thank you.

I am glad you will return,

Cardiff, Wales, UK
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Spent yesterday afternoon having a fab afternoon tea at Joylon's No 10. We had our own little room for 4 of us which enabled us to have a great afternoon not worrying about being too noisey!! The tea was great - didn't look a huge amount at first but it was more than enough and really tasty. The mini welshcakes were delicious. They even took the time to give me a mini birthday cake which was a great touch. The waiter (sorry didn't catch his name!) was fab - kept asking him if it was time for us to leave but he was more than happy for us to carry on with our celebrations. A huge thank you for making my birthday special. Lovely hotel :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JayJay25,

Thank you for your review and I am glad to read you enjoyed your birthday celebrations with us at Jolyons No10.

I have shared your feedback with my team.

Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Jolyon’s at No.10 is very well situated for a short walk into central Cardiff, and the service provided by the hotel staff was top notch. Décor is very quirky throughout, but amusing, and a pleasant change from the big chain hotels.

Our room was very hot, with no air conditioning (although a fan was provided), this was the only downside to an otherwise great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Greg S,

thank you very much for your feedback, I am sorry that you found the room too hot, we have now taken steps to improve temperature quality at the hotel.

Once again thank you for your valued feedback.