“Very nice”
Review of Jolyon's at No. 10

Jolyon's at No. 10
Ranked #10 of 47 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I recently stayed at Jolyons for two nights for business. The hotel is perfectly located on Cardiff Bay with restaurants and pubs all around.
We had two rooms and both were lovely, with modern bathrooms. The staff were very friendly and we felt like we could ask for their help at anytime. They even let us keep our bags in the room until 1pm on check out day.
The bar/restaurant is very nice and although we only had breakfast there, the food was very good.
The only thing we found difficult was there is no parking and we had quite a lot of kit, their is parking 5 mins walks away for £20 per day.
I would definitely recommend for a short break or business trip.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Carl J, General Manager at Jolyon's at No. 10, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear Hannah C,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us at Jolyon's Boutique Hotel Cardiff Bay.

I am please to read that you would recommend our hotel, it would give us great pleasure to see you return upon your next visit to Cardiff Bay.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My daughter got married on Saturday and we had the reception at Jolyon's. As we come from London we stayed at the hotel from Friday night and the whole weekend till we left at lunchtime on Sunday was wonderful. The staff were all very welcoming and even though Rich, our wedding planner, was not there, the manager looked after us perfectly, sorting out all our last minute queries and making sure the final touches were put to the decorating of the wedding room.
In all we booked 11 rooms for the wedding guests, the rooms were all smart and very comfortable and the food was delicious and plentiful.
I would certainly stay at Jolyon's again

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel have a lovely view of the park
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
jolyons, General Manager at Jolyon's at No. 10, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Lilias L,

Thank you very much for your review, I am glad you had a great time with us over the weekend on such a special Occasion.

I do hope to see you return in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I have just celebrated my wedding day at jolyons. Well what can I say......from the moment I arrived on thursday to the time I left on Saturday I was made to feel so special. Nothing was too much trouble. We were greeted by the sweetest receptionist esther who was full of smiles and made us feel so at home immediately. I then met with manager Carl who could not do enough. The wedding day itself was simply a dream with a fabulous wedding breakfast.We chose an oriental hot buffet as our choice of food and met the chef rob to discuss what we wanted. Nothing was too much trouble. All our guests were impressed by the taste , quality and amount of food available.the same was said for our evening selection of food. I can honestly say I felt so special on my special day ans would recommend this venue for a wedding. All the staff were courteous and catered for our every need.i can't thank them enough. Weddings can sometimes be very stressful but I had none of that and felt that everything was in control by them. Thanks again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear twinny08,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are very happy that your big day was made special.

We do hope to see you in the near future.

Kindest regards,

General Manger

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here for a one night business trip and was pleasantly surprised. This hotel has been converted from a house and so is a nice change from your standard hotel. My room was gorgeous, beautifully decorated with lovely touches such as the tea tray with duck shaped biscuits and a small jar of sweets. The furniture was old and beautifully restored. The bathroom was very small but again unique, with a step in deep bath (almost like a plunge pool) with a shower head above. This was a hotel I would visit again . The breakfast was great a cold buffet bar and hot breakfast on order.

Free wifi was reliable, fan and iron too.

The hotel is a good 10-15 minutes walk from the station and the town centre.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
jolyons, General Manager at Jolyon's at No. 10, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Misspickandmix,

Thank you for your feedback, I am thrilled to read that we met the requirements needed for your business trip.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

More like some rooms above a bar restaurant ! Warm welcome by receptionist on arrival but everything else was second rate. Room small and very hot (but fan provided). Staff more focussed on bar/restaurant than "hotel" (I.e. rooms). Ages to get anyone to answer phone (friend calling me tried 5 times - 3 no answers 1 cut off). Very odd bathroom with raised floor next to bath for WC which had loose seat. No shaving light. 1 of 3 lights not working. Takes more than trendy fittings and flock wall paper to make a hotel - "boutique" or otherwise ! 3 colleagues had similar experiences in different rooms.

3  Thank PeterPan2

Dear PeterPan2,

Thank you for your review, I am very disappointed to read of your review and I am sorry our accommodation and service did not meet your expectations.

Jolyon's Boutique Hotels pride our selves with our high standard rooms and our commitment to guest service and it is frustrating to read we did not deliver our usual high standards at this time.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My stay was organised for business purposes and as such booked on my behalf. On arrival the receptionist was excellent and could not have been more helpful and accommodating. Having been shown to my room (209) a very good size room with contemporary decor and very clean and tidy with modern fitments. Good size and very comfortable bed. The bathroom was a good size and well equipped and modern. The only negative is the bathroom window is clear glass and looks out to an office block. Be sure to close the blind! In the morning I enjoyed a very pleasant breakfast that was extensive, fresh and well produced. Overall, if you require a good hotel at excellent value in Cardiff, look no further.

Dear 186254David_B,

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad that the hotel met your business trip requirements.

Bathrooms this week are undergoing window frosting due to feedback from our guests.

We do hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Overall the stay was very pleasant, but my rather small gripe is now becoming bigger due to the lack of communication and acknowledgment from the hotel management, and it is now beginning to become very annoying. Emails have been sent, attempts to contact on the day were made and in my eyes all have been ignored , very dis appointing and will put me off recommending the hotel in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Justin B,

Thank you for your review, looking at your feedback I have received no email that I can relate this feedback to.

Please be advised Info@jolyons.co.uk is non existent please forward any queries to reception.city@jolyons.co.uk and your email will reach me direct alternately please contact me direct on 02920091900 where I will be more than happy to assist.