“Wonderful addition to the Cardiff scene”
Review of Soul Kitchen - CLOSED

Soul Kitchen
Price range: US$14 - US$37
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Caerphilly
“Wonderful addition to the Cardiff scene”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Tremendous food for very reasonable prices in a really great atmosphere. Portions are generous - it's almost unheard of for my wife to say she can't manage a dessert! The staff are really friendly and welcoming. Service on this Wednesday night could best be described as unhurried, but that just made the evening more relaxing.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and a great atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We discovered Mr G's a few months ago and since then we've been back on quite a few occasions with various combinations of family and friends. I really can't recommend it highly enough!

Last Friday we took a couple of friends there who were as impressed as we were by the quality of the food, the friendly service and the great atmosphere. The fishcakes are my absolute favourite starter and full as I am by the end of the meal, I'll always save room for the mango cheesecake which is incredible. Definitely ditch the chains in the Bay and head here for a meal instead.

Cardiff
“Delicious food, lovely people”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We went as a group of 10 last Saturday evening - the restaurant was busy as there was a party of about 20 in soon after we arrived. The food was delicious and the portions generous. The staff were very friendly and our waitress, Maria, was charming. The only disappointments were that, although the service was good up until the desserts were brought to us, after that no-one came near us and it was over an hour before we could get the bill. When I got out my card I was told the card machine wasn't working. Strangely, I have seen that elsewhere on this site. We were directed to the ATM next door - luckily it was fairly early in the month as I might not have been delighted to have to go and get £200 cash the day before payday! I was also disappointed that coffee and tea was not served. Despite these niggles I would definitely go back there.

Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
“"Feels like home"”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My family & I visited Soul Kitchen for a "catch up".. The food is a.m.a.z.i.n.g! every mouthful just made me smile & took me back to my dads cooking :) Very friendly atmosphere - The song list just flows effortlessly making the whole evening very laid back & relaxed, we'll definitely be visiting again very soon, thank you to all the staff. A very satisfied customer x

Kendal, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem two minutes walk from the bay”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Avoid the chains on the bay and walk just two minutes round the corner to Mr G's. Went at lunch time and had a buy one get one free offer on, very good value at around a tenner for 2 main courses and drinks. Food delicious, friendly staff. Would definitely go again if ever in Cardiff. Not to be missed!