“Great food but the bearded waiter Nick was a 10/10 bloke”
Review of The Corner House

The Corner House
Ranked #308 of 1,351 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Me and my wife recently dined here and we had a splendidly superb time. Great atmosphere on arrival and a nice level of music and lighting. We were quickly seated and served by a male waiter with a beard, i think his name was Nick, he suggested we try the lobster and devon crab fish cakes, they were devine indeed, one bite sent me straight up to heaven to shake hands with jesus himself, before returning to finish the meal. All in all i would highly recommend the restaurant and will be returning for the rest of my life. Thanks.

TheCornerHouseTeam, Guest Relations Manager at The Corner House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Nathanael,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for leaving us such a positive review and a 5* rating to match. I will pass on your positive feedback to Nick and let you know that he did a stellar job providing you with excellent customer service.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back for the rest of your life,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived in Cardiff with my daughters for a concert early & didn’t know where to eat lunch, a friend recommended The Corner House so I thought I’d give it a go...fortunately they could accommodate us & we were welcomed by staff. We had to wait for our food but that’s expected if you don’t want a microwaved meal! Very happy, will be returning for sure! Thank you to the blonde-haired waitress who made us feel right at home!

Hi there, sorry for the delay in response.

Firstly, I would to thank you for leaving us such a positive review and a 5* rating to match. I am glad that our team provided such excellent customer service and made you feel at home. I will pass on your positive remarks to your server that day.

Thanks once again and we look forward to seeing you in the future,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing food today, staff were busy but still made us feel welcomed and took their time to answer all our queries about the menu, can’t wait to come back!

Hi Eoin, sorry for the delay in response.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for leaving us such a positive review and a 5* rating to match. I am glad that my team was able to provide such excellent customer service and answer all the questions you had.

Thanks once again and we look forward to having you back,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had lunch at the Corner House for Father's Day and were really pleased with both the meal and the service. Our waiter Sean was very friendly, helpful and very smiley and couldn't do enough for us. It was great to have such friendly service. The food was excellent and at the end of the meal we all had Caribbean coffee (floater coffee with dark rum) which again was really good. The steak was good and the fish

Hi June, sorry for the delay in response to your feedback.

Firstly, thank you for leaving such a positive review and a 4* rating to match. I am glad that we were able to make your Father's day memorable experience and I am glad you had such delightful Caribbean coffee's.

Thanks once again and we hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the corner house last night ,the pub looks great , the waiter service was great ,, but I’m afraid that’s where it ends ,!! We chose starters 1st , I ordered soup which was delicious , my wife ordered the prawn & lobster pot with toasted ciabatta bread which my wife could bend the bread to form a letter C , so chewy & awful ,, onto mains !! I ordered the ribeye steak , which upon arrival looked boring , very solid for a medium cooked steak , half the accompanying ingredients that where meant to come with it didn’t ?? My wife ordered pan fried venison ( pink ) with beef & bone marrow Bomb ,squash , dauphinois ,green beans, toasted pine nuts, port jus , !!! What arrived was a piece of meat that I’ve seen better in a back street kebab house AWFUL . They served it with chips ( cold) no green beans, no squash or toasted nuts ,, the meat that did arrive was cold , chewy AWFUl & this was also served with what I’d describe as a pastie pastry top ??? The waiter who’d served us upon arrival was very apologetic & really couldn’t help us more , the on call manager was extremely disinterested , hands on hips , explaining he’d got 2 new chefs!! My wife commented you need to look at them , which he said that’s my problem not yours , which my wife said it his your problem & your company’s !! They said they wouldn’t charge us for what I’d describe the most awful , chewy piece of meat that I’d come across ,, corner house very very disappointed at the food ,, Awful Awful ,,,I really wish we could have taken a picture of this totally inept food , but we didn’t have phones on us ,,

Hi Mark, sorry for the delay in response.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for your dining experience with us back in June. I can assure you that this is not the level of food quality in which we strive for every day. I am glad that my fellow colleague was able to provide you with excellent service. I hope we have you back in the near future to show you how we usually operate.

Apologies once again,