“absolutely delicious!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
s wales
“absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We dont tend to go out for chinese very often as most places seem to have surrendered to the "all you can eat buffet" style restaurant and have lost their personal touch! This place however is lovely. spotlessly clean, modern and trendy interior and delicious freshly cooked food! thumbs up :)

1 Thank leanneginge83

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“very good if a little limited on choice”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I think my header says it all. Service is very good, clean restaurant and well presented dishes. The food is most excellent. My only gripe was limited choice on the menu when compared to what i am used to.. but that is a small thing as i have been there three time this year!

• Visited May 2014
Wales
“Great, reasonably priced food”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The crispy duck has become one of our regular haunts and we've never had a bad meal (or even dish) there.
The cuisine is pan-asian, meaning you can get thai, chinese, malay and japenese food.
Service has always been polite and attentive.
Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank huwy77
“A lovely meal”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Me, my brother and my cousin decided to take our Nana out for her very first Chinese meal at the grand old age of 86. We chose The Crispy Duck based on the excellent Trip Advisor reviews and I agree with them.
The food was great, we had a big mix of starters and mains. The highlights for me were the prawn tempura for starters, as well as the chicken gyoza. The mains were also very tasty, I liked the chicken katsu curry and the chicken in honey/beer sauce.
The only negatives were that the crispy shredded beef was a little flavourless and you lost the sense of it being a beef dish. The staff were a bit hit and miss, they worked hard but seemed a bit inexperienced, e.g they brought us the wrong (and a lot cheaper) bill initially which we had to tell them was the wrong table's bill. Also I had to remind the waitress who forgot about my second drinks order.
Other than that we had a great time and Nana thoroughly enjoyed her introduction to Chinese/Japanese food!

3 Thank jones198
uk
“Poor, I'm off back to the Summer Palace”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just finished a takeaway from The Crispy Duck. The place looked clean and had a few people in, not bad for 7.30 on a Friday night. The staff seemed disinterested, even after I said this was our first visit.
Got home, really looking forward to the food as this place has won awards, I'm afraid the rice was well overcooked, the chicken in the sweet and sour was substandard, hardly any sauce and no carrot, pineapple or anything else I'm used to at the Summer Palace. The Malaysian beef smelled lovely but again quite bland. We had chicken satay but I didn't even venture to try it as my husband said, it's just bad. Cost was fairly cheap, I don't know if I've just been spoilt in the past, the summer palace know my name, I get free prawn crackers, and every now and again I get a beer while I'm waiting.
Very sad as I expected better, especially as I I use trip adviser for good recommendations.

2 Thank nobbysgold