“Amazing place - Certainly worth a trip”
Review of The Crispy Duck

The Crispy Duck
Ranked #205 of 1,226 Restaurants in Cardiff
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Amazing place - Certainly worth a trip”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Have been there twice now first time after having read reviews on trip advisor, wasn't sure what to expect. However they say first impressions last and boy we were not disappointed.

Food was amazing, staff well mannered and polite, atmosphere really relaxed. Could not have asked for better. Second time same again certainly one of the nicest places we have been too and is well worth a trip.!

3 Thank Mark T

London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been here twice now and have not been let down at all. The staff are so friendly and are always smiling and joking and the food is on a par with Yangs. The king prawn singapore skewers are to die for and are at a very reasonable price, however as I am greedy I would order two of these as you get four prawns altogether. The satay sauce for them is the best I have ever tasted. We had the king prawn in black bean sauce and crispy shredded beef the first time and then beef in black bean sauce an d the crispy shredded beef the second time and it was gorgeous. The egg fried rice portions are huge. I thought we had ordered two portions on the first visit so ordered two on my second and just couldn't finish it off. This is my new favourite place to eat. There is plenty to choose from on the menu and the atmosphere is lovely too. Can't say enough about how great this place is.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank Scattie
Cardiff
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Reading reviews on TA, I expected the staff to be very disinterested. However, throughout my whole visit with my friends, the staff were very helpful and friendly and asked us if we were enjoying are food. The food itself was absolutly delicious, and that is coming from someone who is not a big fan of Japanese food! Great atmosphere, food and staff, top marks all around.

5 Thank Charr441
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked a table in advance for 9 people. We were given a table at rear of restaurant as this is the best place for a larger party. The restaurant was quite full. Staff were fabulous, we did take some time to order and asked lots of advice on their menu as none of us had eaten there before. They were very patient and nothing was too much trouble. We all ordered different starters and main courses and shared between us. The food was well presented, very tasty and plentiful. On booking we were asked if we had a special occasion, which we did. Three of our party were celebrating birthdays. Birthday banners were placed on the wall in our eating area. This added a lovely personal touch. At the end of our main course our waitress asked whose birthday it was, we told her we were celebrating three. Minutes later we were presented with not one, but three birthdays cakes complete with candles and singing. All in all, a perfect night out. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank mawser
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Wedding Anniversary”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Went tonight with hubby for our wedding anniversary. Food was beyond stunning! And it was lovely to see Eric again :) he was polite and took an interest in his clientele. The waitresses were absolutely superb, recommending noodles. Wine and sprite was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble...I cannot praise The Crispy Duck highly enough. Thursday night and the place was bouncing...service didn't falter once. Love love love it here and can't wait to go back again. Place is spotless, toilets are the best I've ever seen...nowhere in Cardiff can compare to here :)

4 Thank JanCardiff