“2 busy 18 month olds”

Cefn Mably Farm Park
Ranked #7 of 45 Fun & Games in Cardiff
More attraction details
Owner description: Cefn Mably Farm Park is a huge all weather family farm attraction & softplay in one. Set in rolling countryside close between Cardiff and Newport. We offer a unique mixture of farm animals and softplay areas - the ideal place for action packed days out with the kids, birthday parties, schools and groups. The park is designed for families with toddlers to teens. The fun begins as you enter the indoor soft play barn where the children can let off steam and you can relax using the free wifi with a coffee and a slice of home made cake on a comfy leather couch. Once you and the kids are worn out from feeding the animals on the farm and playing on the electric go-carts and real diggers. Then on the way home you can visit our new Farm Shop and Butchery called "Moody Sow Farm Shop" and pick up some good old fashioned 28 day matured steak for your tea and some home cured, home smoked bacon for your breakfast!!!.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My friend and I took our 18 month old girls they loved the soft play and the park and we had lovely food proper "chip shop chips" yum ! Also they both had a horse ride! But we were a bit disappointed as there are not many animals there any more compared to when we visited last year!! Seems to be less and less each time !

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I visited here for the first time today and absolutely loved it!! I'm just wish I had visited sooner!
Entry is cheap for what you get compared to soft play and there is endless fun here. My 4 year loved it all. Feeding the animals, a pony ride, the parks and soft play. I didn't eat here so can't comment on what food is like it looked on the pricey side which is standard for these Kinds of places. We enjoyed a picnic at one of the benches next to the park instead. Also worry mentioning is the staff were fantastic and very helpful. I was very taken back by this as such good service is rare to find these days.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We have been here twice now, and will certainly be coming back. We have 4 children ageing from 1-14 and they all love it, plenty to do for all ages indoors and out! The animals are well looked after and some have comical charms to get you over to the Fence to feed them. High five to all staff for all they hard work. Xx

3  Thank pistolsangels
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was my first visit to the farm.We took our 2 grand children for an afternoon out,not knowing what to expect.
We had a great time.The children loved it feeding all the animals,playing on the mini Tractors and the great outdoor play area.The play area indoors is huge,with a separate a area for under 5 year olds,and one for the older kids.
They also have a great Restuarant that serves very good selection of food at good prices.
Outside,there is loads of space to walk and run around for the children,and if you pick a nice day,take a picnic lunch,it is very good.
I think the best times to go is in school term time where it is quieter,that's if you can of course.
It cost us £12 for 2 adults and 1 child,plus a bag of food for,for I think,50p,or maybe a pound,great value.
All the animals looked well cared for and in clean surroundings.
We will defiantly go there again,but it's a place where the weather needs to be good to have the full enjoyment.

3  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visited here in Whitsun Half Term with my two children (7 and 2) along with friends who hadn't been before. Not a bad price to pay to get in you can collect stamps on each visit and once you have six you get a free entry in for either an adult or a child.
As it was Whitsun it was quite busy so we spent the majority of the time outside looking at the animals. Great idea providing feed to feed the friendly animals we had great fun doing this. In particular feeding the Shetland ponies who were fab characters!! The animals in the petting area were also very friendly and docile so ideal for younger children who are not used to animals.
Since we visited last time they have had some new outdoor play equipment for the older children and also younger children.
When we did venture back inside when it was slightly quieter the children were kept occupied in the soft play area in which they all enjoyed. Large queues at the food counter so getting served took a while but understandable as it was so busy, girl on counter could have smiled though when taking my order, even if she was having a bad day customer care and all that.
All in all great day out suitable to visit when the weather is bad or if the weather is good lots for children to do in particular ideal for younger children as it is easy to walk right around the farm area. Will be coming back again.

1  Thank Louise L