“Wonderful everytime”

Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Cheadle, United Kingdom
“Wonderful everytime”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I have stayed many times at The New House Hotel, usually with my father, when we are visiting family in nearby Llanishen and Rhiwbina. Every stay has been wonderful.
We have always needed a ground floor room as my father is unable to walk up/down stairs (no lift). Our request has always been accommodated by the staff. The staff are always polite, friendly and very helpful, going out of their way to ensure we have everything we need. There are very good provisions for anyone who is disabled - parking near the entrance. Flat access and ramp up to the sitting area and restaurants/bar area. Disabled toilet on ground floor. The ground floor bedrooms are spacious and would easily accommodate anyone in a wheelchair. The shower is over the bath so this may be difficult for some guests. Excellent choice of breakfast each day in the restaurant,very good quality ingredients .
The view over Cardiff are fantastic.
I have no hesitation in highly recommending The New House Hotel. I know I will be returning many times in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely. Beautiful views over Cardiff.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Reviewer

I am so glad you choose the New House when you come to visit your family and you enjoy your stay. We pride ourselves in using Welsh local produce and am happy you enjoy this produce for your breakfast.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Portsmouth
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Just spent three nights at the hotel. Booking in very effective , allocated the Lewis room which was outstanding from my wife and my point of view, very spacious and comfortable. Had dinner in the hotel on two occasions. Very efficient service and excellent food. On the second evening there was also a dinner party of 30 in the restaurant . However, the hotel staff treated us as individuals and we received quick and prompt service during our meal. A credit to the serving staff. Try and take a window seat for breakfast it is breath taking. We hope to return in the Summer when hopefully we can take advantage of sitting outside and take in the ambiance . Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel and were comfortabale in Lewis.

I do hope you will visit us again in the future
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Nice to see friendly staff, to me it makes all the difference,my group and I had a great time, the night porter was good too and that's rare, one small thing, I wanted to buy wine but they did not take cards, only cash so I could not purchase it , this is the first hotel and dinning place that I have have experienced this issue. Hope the staff stay happy .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Welshcake9999999
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely comments regarding your stay at the hotel for the Murder Mystery dinner, I will pass your kind comments onto the staff. Thank you for your comments regarding card payments, you would have been able to charge your wine to your room.

I do hope to see you again in the future
Guernsey
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Great place to stay if visiting Cardiff, although you will need a car. Lovely atmosphere, friendly people working, and very good food, great views of Cardiff. Lovely walks nearby on caerphilly mountain.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GuernseyAsh
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Reviewer

I am so glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel, I do hope to see you again in the future.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

First time at this Hotel, and was not disappointed. Having been to many of the It's Murder weekends, we stayed at this hotel for their first booking. We had the most wonderful time. The room was spectacular - a Four Poster with views over Cardiff Bay. The food was wonderful and the ingredients good quality. The staff were exceptional. Friendly, efficient and Tim, the waiter, never stopped smiling (shame he was accused of the murder!!)

We are sincerely hoping that It's Murder use this hotel regularly, as we will definitely be going back again and again.

Well done New House Hotel Staff and the cast of It's Murder for making this another very enjoyable weekend.

See you in February (and October) 2014.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank elizabethsmall
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the hotel for the Murder Mystery weekend. We have had some very positive comments from the weekend and we do hope to run similar events in the future. We do hope to see you again soon.
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We spent the weekend at this hotel for a murder mystery event. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds with lovely views. Our room was very nice with a comfy bed. The food was delicious and much, much better than I've ever had on a 'package deal' weekend. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

The murder mystery was organised by a company called "It's Murder" and was a thoroughly entertaining way to spend a weekend. The cast take their job of acting out the murder very seriously so the performances are very good - however, the whole plot and atmosphere was light-hearted and fun. This was the first time the hotel had run such a weekend but they have more planned which I would strongly recommend to people.

If you are planning to go into Cardiff for a spot of shopping, I would recommend leaving your car at the local train station and catching the train into the city centre as Cardiff parking charges are astronomical - not the hotel's fault but something to bear in mind.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the hotel for the Murder Mystery, from what I can gather this was an enjoyable weekend for all involved. I do hope you will visit us again in the future.