New House Country Hotel
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$112
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$143
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$145
US$238
US$202
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$82
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$190
US$172
  • Pool
Tanes Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$78
Travelodge Cardiff Atlantic Wharf(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$118
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$160
PremierInn.com
US$140
Priceline
All reviewsbristol channelwedding venuewedding guestswedding breakfastcardiff bayafternoon tealarge bathroombeautiful hotelsat navthe ground floorgood sizebusiness triptwo night staylovely roomcity centremarqueethornhill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I arrived at the 'New House Hotel' on 03/02/14 at around 7pm, after 3 hours of travelling I was glad to get to my room and have something to eat.
Although it was dark when I arrived, the taxi took me up this long driveway where I was greeted by a lovely Manor House.
I was greeted at Reception with a warm welcome & asked if I was going to dine in the restaurant, I said yes & made a reservation.
I was then given my key card along with my free Wi-Fi code which I could use in my room.
When I got to my room I was very pleased. It was much larger than I expected.
It had a large clean bathroom, King size bed & sofa beside it.
There was tea/coffee making facilities, decent hair-dryer, clock radio beside the bed, bathrobe & nice complimentary shower gels, soaps, flannel, comb etc in the bathroom.
I then arrived in the restaurant where I was once again, greeted with a warm welcome & given a menu with a 2 course or 3 course option.
I opted for the 3 course at £26.95 and I could not fault the food, it was without a doubt high quality & well presented.
After I finished my relaxing meal I ventured back to my room and all i can say is "Wow"....... the bed was exceptionally comfortable and I slept so well.
The next morning I went to breakfast and there was a selection of cereals, fruit, yoghurts, fruit juice, speciality teas etc to help yourself to. Tea/coffee & toast was brought to your table & a cooked breakfast or poached eggs, as I chose were cooked to order.
As I arrived late the previous evening, I hadn't been able to appreciate the stunning views and Wow!!!
I was given a window table which overlooked the welsh countryside & Cardiff City Centre in the distance.
Without a doubt, If I ever go to Cardiff again..... whether Business or pleasure, I would pick this hotel.
It really is a Gem of a Hotel.....a hidden hideaway.

Room Tip: Room 22 on the 1st floor overlooks the front of the hotel & has unspoilt views across to Cardiff city centre - Lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We certainly have the best views across Cardiff and beyond, and you are right you cannot appreciate these until seen in the daytime. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was on a murder mystery weekend and found the quality of the food, cleanliness of the hotel and efficiency of the staff to be first rate. Nothing was too much trouble and all of the guests were made most welcome and important.

From the moment you arrived until you checked out, it was perfect service and luxury. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone, whether you are there on business, pleasure or that special occasion.

The views and location are stunning but you must look on their website for the correct postcode - do not rely on a normal internet search!! We are looking forward to another fabulous weekend!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the hotel, we certainly have the best views of Cardiff. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay with us.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

With 10 people from all across the country meeting up we chose here and am thrilled to have found it.

Great lunch time menu, 3 courses of lovely food. Table by one of the fireplaces reserved for us and coffee & tea waiting for us.

Although most of us didn't stay, the hotel is in stunning surroundings with THE most amazing views.

Will definitely return.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rowills
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind words regarding your recent visit to the hotel for a meal. I hope you will choose us again in the future when you all meet up.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed here for four days over Christmas over from the US because my mum's house down the road was full. I'd never noticed the place before because it's tucked away off the Caerphilly road, but it's a real period gem. Elegant 1750's manor house, modernised but not spoiled, with brilliantly elevated position looking down at Cardiff and the Severn estuary. The rooms we had were extremely spacious, clean and comfortable, and the breakfasts were superb. Great marquee room for wedding receptions - turns out one of my cousins was married here. It was the location for a Dr Who episode - but it could just as easily be the set for a Jane Austen adapt. Ask for the Stavros suite. Very reasonable room rates, too. We'll never stay at my mum's place again!

Room Tip: The view from the rooms on the front is spectacular, so make sure you stay there.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Simonedwardcollins

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the hotel. We do pride ourselves on a warm Welsh welcome and I do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014