“excellent customer service and Hotel”

New House Country Hotel
Ranked #2 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vonnieEngland
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for a birthday party. Stayed in Room 4. Lovely large room with double bed, single bed, sofa and still room for a travel cot etc. Gorgeous little terrace outside with views of Cardiff in the distance. Children welcomed warmly everywhere and breakfast was lovely. Only small niggle was that the patio door didn't lock properly. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Reederswife

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for writing such a lovely review, I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I have passed your comment about the lock onto maintenance.

Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is the best hotel/service/dinner that I have experienced I stay away between 10to20 days per year and have done so for over 30years This hotel, the staff and the food was simply the best experience Well done!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for such a lovely review regarding your recent stay with us at The New House, I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Lovely hotel, very elegant and atmospheric public areas. We stayed overnight with DBB and also had Sunday lunch. Food was very nice and well presented. my only complaint is that there is a supplement for Beef for Sunday lunch - approx. £2.50 -which is ridiculous especially as we only had one slice! Evening meal was lovely. I asked to change room as I did not like the location and we were given another room immediately. This one had a balcony with stunning views of Cardiff and Cardiff bay. The hotel is looking a little tired in some areas but overall a lovely hotel in a beautiful location. the staff are very friendly and helpful without being obtrusive. looking forward to my next visit

Room Tip: Pick one with balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ALLYSON W

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I have passed your comments onto the relevant departments, it is only with these comments we can improve our service for future guests.

I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We enjoyed a very pleasant comfortable two night stay here in mid July. The staff were notably helpful and caring. The room was beautiful, clean, well decorated if a little on the dark side. A little disappointed with the dinner in the restaurant - very average quality and somewhat limited selection but probably value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah P
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had tried to book another hotel but they were full, so this was my second choice.
I am so glad they were full...this place is stunning!
I'm sure you are thinking of the Best Westerns you stayed at on a business trip, or the one you stayed at with your grandparents on a road trip, but this is nothing like them.
This is a beautiful old property, wonderfully maintained, in the most gorgeous countryside imaginable. There was a wedding going on as we arrived, and it is certainly a perfect setting for one. We had a garden view room - at night you can see the lights of Cardiff in the distance. And Sunday morning we woke to a beautiful sunny scene of rolling fields complete with sheep bleating in the distance. Super romantic.
And the staff are so nice and very accommodating. Nothing is problem, just ask.
What a gem. So glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: Garden view in the main hotel. Just gorgeous!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bermudian4

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review regarding your recent stay with us at The New House. I do hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Due to umpteen graduation ceremonies in the city, there was no room at my usual haunts.
I found this little gem on a bookings site. Easy to find on the road between Caerphilly and Cardiff, set at the base of lush green hills overlooking the City and Cardiff bay.

Its a great Hotel, I had an evening meal in the Hotel's own restaurant.
The restaurant staff were so friendly and so professional, not intrusive but always keeping an eye on you and making sure you were looked after. Eating at the hotel was great, the food is excellent and I didn't have to wait long, the only concern I had with the meal is that the pricing on the menu needs to be clearer. It would be good to know what every meal costs individually not just as a combined course.

My hotel room and en-suite was spacious - yes even the bathroom was spacious, very clean and one of the best nights sleep I have ever had. The Hotel does a have a Gym which is on the ground floor, small but has everything you need for a quick workout.

Will I stay here again - YES I would like to.

Room Tip: My room was facing the city soooo quiet fantastic view to wake up to on a warm sunny summers morning...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard J
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review regarding your recent stay at the hotel, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.