“Try this restaurant in Cardiff first!”
Review of Janata Palace

Janata Palace
Ranked #208 of 1,327 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have been eating here for 30 years at least once a week and sometimes twice a week. Whilst I am a bit of a curry addict, I will say that I have tried most of the other curry houses in and around Cardiff and the Vale. This restaurant comes up top for food, service and is the best value for money in a curry house I have ever found. After 30 years there is no better recommendation that
I can give to any reader! Well worth you giving it a try, I am sure you won't be dissapointed

1  Thank WalesLeonardo

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We recently had a tastecard free for a few months and on checking the website for offers we came across this Indian restaurant which we hadn't known existed to be honest as we don't often go to this part of Cardiff for meals out. We were very impressed with the restaurant itself, the service and friendly staff and particularly the food and value for money. We have eaten in a lot of Indian restaurants in Cardiff and elsewhere over the years and this one is a little gem. Obviously with the tastecard offer you get a discount of 50% on food so for a 3 course meal for 2 with a bottle of wine we were paying just around £24 which is an excellent deal these days. We have returned quite a few times and will do so again - really recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

We eat here regularly as we live locally and the food is always good and the service exceptional. We do not tend to go anywhere else. It is great for a sit down meal and the take aways are always lovely and hot on arrival.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

This resturaunt is beautiful! I have been eating here for many years, dining in and taking out and the food is always delicious, the staff are always extremely courteous and the ambience is just lovely. The décor feels authentically Indian too! Great resturaunt. I'd recommend the Chicken Biryani- mmm !

Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

I can't believe there's only one other review for this place! I've eaten here on a number of occasions and everytime it meets my expectation. The restaurant is beautiful without being pretentious, it's clean , the waiters are all lovely and polite , food fantastic and really good value for money. Have tried a few other local curry houses but we just keep coming back to this one! Highly recommended !