““Quaint””

Price range: US$3 - US$36
Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pettigrew Tea Rooms are housed in the beautiful 19th Century West Lodge in the heart of Cardiff. This quintessentially British tea house is open seven days of the week serving, fresh lunches and delicious homemade cakes, all served alongside a wonderful selection of loose leaf teas. Join us for a light lunch or why not sample our full Afternoon Tea in peaceful surroundings, before a stroll through Cardiff's stunning Bute Park. A must for all visitors to the Capital City of Wales.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

while we were waiting for the Aquabus we had some tea and welsh cakes here. Good service and old fashioned dishes made it a fun visit

Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited cardiff three times over the last years and every time we have been to the Pettigrew Tea rooms at least three times. This is now my standard that every other tea room has to live up to.
Because we have been there on vacations in 2014, 2016 and now I'm 2018 we are happy to say we got the feeling to see the tea rooms grow and expand whilst keeping their standard and always being incredibly nice and helpful. Even though we are from another country we always feel like family.
I'm just disappointed I cannot reproduce their incredible scones or the Victoria sandwich that my boyfriend fell in love with ;-)

1  Thank InkaRaingod
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently visited the Pettigrew Tea Rooms for morning tea and found the whole experience delightful - the very friendly and helpful staff, the delicious scones and tea and the traditional decor of a tea room all set in the gardens of the beautiful Bute Park. Well worth a visit for anyone wanting a relaxing break in the midst of sightseeing in Cardiff.

1  Thank junosbird_25
Reviewed 10 June 2018

I'd heard a lot of good things about this place, but was very disappointed. Staff were rude and seemed to find our presence onerous. Tea and cakes were OK, but far from special - my Victoria sandwich was dry and meagerly filled. Interior is supposed to be quirky and old-fashioned, but just seemed tired and in need of a declutter and a spring clean. Person I was with, a Pettigrew's fan, was mortified by how the place seem to have dipped when compared to previous visits. Won't be going back.

1  Thank FlipWales
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for a Welsh breakfast! Stunning food to be fair, different and highly recommended. Really freindly staff also and a great location.

1  Thank Chris Y