“Dreadful - Completely Dreadful”
Review of Frankie & Benny's

Frankie & Benny's
Ranked #655 of 1,318 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

To cut a long story short (I will try my best!!), this was overpriced with dire quality food. We attended today at a pre-booked time of 4pm - I ordered the New Jersey Chicken at £14.95, my husband ordered the New York Chicken at the same price, my eldest son a Meatball Pizza, middle son a Junior Cheeseburger and youngest son a Cheese & Tomato Pizza. Mine and my husband's chicken dishes both arrived with the meal literally feebly covering only half a plate. The handful of french fries were lukewarm at best with what can only be described as a miniature chicken breast each. Had we been charged £7.99 each I would have felt it was overpriced but at £14.95 it was by far the most shocking example of daylight robbery I have ever experienced. My son's cheeseburger was late and when it arrived we were told it was the children's burger as they had cooked that one (cheaper Iceland type burger) by mistake - the waitress who was very helpful apologised and said that we would be charged only for a children's portion which was of course only fair, it was so late coming we agreed. Unfortunately, when he tried to bite in to the burger he could not physically bite it (nor could I!)- it must have been re heated in a microwave and resembled a rubber. We joked that you couldn't cut it with a knife - which also proved true!! We then handed it back to the waitress who apologised, she returned 20 minutes later (by now 510pm and we had all finished our meals) with the correct Junior burger. He had to keep the original fries which were cold in the first instance you can therefore appreciate that they were by now inedible. He rushed his burger and we left £70 lighter. I would have paid £20 for the whole meal and still begrudged that but £70 for poor portions / cold food / poor quality is totally unacceptable. This is our second time at this restaurant with our first experience being similar. Having given them the benefit of the doubt we will not be stung a third time. We hope this saves another hardworking family from being ripped off - save your money and go elsewhere - anywhere - but not here.

1  Thank KingFamilyBroadlands

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

What is there to say? It's a Frankie & Benny's. You know what you are getting. The food is decent, ambience is fine and service is cheerful and executed well.

Tip: download the F&B app to get the benefit of discounts during your visit!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Excellent food as always, speedy service, staff friendly and nice and helpful. will be returning again very soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This place is soooooo noisy it's enough to drive you insane!
Not only is cheesy music piped through every speaker (which seem to be ubiquitous), and the volume level of a Motorhead concert, but if you are unlucky enough to be there during some spurious kid's birthday, you will be treated to a never-ending rendition of 'Congratulations'. If you're really lucky there will be three or more birthdays during one meal.
All of this overshadows the fact that the service is more than adequate and the food is pretty good for a dinner-type restaurant.

2  Thank Gen443
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I popped into Frankie and Bennys for a drink with my family as I have had too many bad F&B's experiences to eat in one. My drink - ordered from the cocktail menu was wrong - the barman was reading the recipe from a laminated card, I pointed out that it looked nothing like the picture and he said that was how he make the drink - it was supposed to be a blended frozen drink - it was in fact just topped up with crushed ice - it was disappointing at £6 a glass and I shalnt be going to any F&B's again

2  Thank natlie