“Nice lunch”

Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Harvester St John'sAt Harvester St John's in Cardiff food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Cardiff, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Plasnewydd, Adamsdown and Grangetown, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Weekend away with friends in Cardiff and this was our first wander through the city centre. Quite hungry after the train ride and happened across the harvester which suited all our tastes. Clean place, good service and decent food. You can't argue with the prices in my opinion e.g. Fish and chips for £6.99 with as much salad / bread rolls as you wanted is excellent value at lunchtime in the city centre. Most of us had the burgers which were really good and extra jalapeños and piri piri sauce catered for those who liked extra heat. We asked for white rolls as they'd run out and they were immediately brought out. I've always enjoyed Harvester wherever it is, you can fill up for a good price and you can't say fairer than that!

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester St John's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for your positive review following your recent visit. We are passionate about getting it right and your feedback will help us to achieve this aim. We really hope you will visit us again and we have sent you a personal reply.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

ordered 3 burger and chips, burgers sat for ages, in sight while going cold, was going to serve myself but we were waiting for chips to be cooked, why? then when chips arrived pale and under cooked,
no loo roll in the ladies rubbish will not be going back

We were sorry to see from your review that you were disappointed in your recent visit to us. Your feedback is always welcomed as our aim is to get it right, and we will learn from your comments. We have also replied to you personally on this matter.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I went to the Harvester St Johns in Church street, Cardiff for the first time on the 18/3/2014 and will definitely be going back again. The meal was wonderful and priced to please. We paid 9.95 GBP each and had a choice of a main,unlimited salads,ice cream sundaes and bottomless tea,coffee or soft drink. If you wanted an alcoholic beverage it cost 1 GBP extra. We had the spit roast chicken with herbed chips,peas and as much yummy salad as we could eat,followed by an icecream sundae each and hot drinks. Great value for money,very filling and great tasting food. The staff were excellent and very friendly. If you are looking for a good meal in Cardiff, try this restuarant.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Very disappointed. I booked a table for my birthday only to find they had no record of the reservation. it was only when I popped in to make sure everything was going to plan as the date got nearer that I found out.
I have since found out that they have a reputation for doing this if there is a Match on that day. I was a regular customer but will not be returning after this.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester St John's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

We were sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your visit to us, and we really appreciate the feedback you have given us. Harvester St John's Cardiff.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I fancied eating out with a friend, somewhere I hadn't been and not too expensive so I decided I'd try Harvester. At face value the menu sounds great and the food is described very nicely. Despite it being very quiet - our food took way too long to arrive from the starter to the main and even the dessert. When the food did arrive the portions were abysmal which just adds to the disappointment of it taking so long. My friend had to return steak 3 times because it kept coming out well done (wanted it rare) which is just a bit silly.. how hard is it to produce rare steak? It was also nice to see one of the chef's walking in and out of the kitchen having a casual chat with some other colleagues behind the bar - maybe that explains a lot. This isn't really a biggy but when we got the bill and asked if we could split the items to pay separately, she placed a smashed up iphone on our table to do the calculations, it doesn't bother me that much but I know it's something I wouldn't think about doing. Not very professional.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to Harvester St John's Cardiff. . We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every guest the very best experience possible, and your feedback will help us achieve this.