Stayed here for five days attending the University of Wales conference, and I can only speak good things about the place.
I contacted them by mail as we had a special rate for the Conference attendants; I got a very good rate for Bed and Breakfast, although I have to say if you book it via internet, it is quite expensive.
I asked for a twin room, and I got it. The room was quite big and the beds comfortable, the toilet had separate shower and bathtub and was also of good size. There's no free wi-fi, though, and although it has lots of conference rooms, I think they don't have a business center as such, with computers you can use. Nevertheless, we needed to print some documents and the receptionist offered to do it for us, which was very helpful. Actually, customer service was faultless at all times, they never failed to meet any of our requirements. They made our stay and work so much easier!
As I stayed for the weekend as well as during the conference, I had the chance to try almost every service at the hotel. The fitness center is good enough for a hotel, although I missed a set of wall bars... the pool is nice and big, so you can have a swim after hitting the gym, and there's also a Sauna and a Jacuzzi. Food was much better than I expected, and the breakfast is your typical English breakfast with some little extras... the sausages were amazing, and the staff at the restaurant friendly and attentive. There's a Spanish waiter called Vicente who would do anything to help you if you need something, but actually all of them were really nice when I stayed there.
A couple of tips: the minibar is empty, you have to ask for the drinks if you want some; and the hair dryer is in the desk drawer. Luckily I have short hair, but my female colleague was not so lucky, and I didn't realized until the last day that it was there.
Overall, an excellent choice for business, but also if you are staying as a tourist, as it's just steps away from Queen street, the main shopping street that will lead you to the castle. Cardiff is a nice city, but it's actually smaller than it seems and you can see every cultural spot in one day. There are lots of shops and trendy pubs, so you may need something more than that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star luxury hotel in the centre of Cardiff, 15 min walk from Cardiff Central railway and bus station and a 30 min drive from Cardiff International Airport. The hotel features 165 en suite rooms, the award winning First Floor restaurant, a stylish bar as well as a luxury leisure club and spa. 15 meeting rooms and function suites suitable for hosting conferences, events and weddings. Fibre Optic WiFi internet access. Underground parking available at the hotel at GBP 12.00 per 24 hours (subject to availability). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Accor Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Holland House Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel And Spa Wales