Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
2,719 results
All reviewsprivilege roomthe underground car parkrelaxation roomcorner roomcity centreseparate showersteam roomlovely hotelchanging roomsroom was largehigh floorsuperior roomreception deskhen partyleisure facilitiesfollowing morninglovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with my best mate for a girls spa weekend. We booked it through lastminute.com on a spa deal and it was worth every penny. The hotel is only a 2 or 3 minute walk from the centre of Cardiff's shopping area and the hotel has it's own underground secure parking which was great. Our room was on the 10th floor and had amazing views of Cardiff as well as being spacious and modern with everything that you needed. The staff were very friendly and the pool and hottub area was also very modern. The floors in the changing rooms could of done with being cleaner, but the main spa area was very welcoming and the staff were friendly and professional. i had a great facial and massage. Would definately stay there again for a city break.

Room Tip: the higher you are the better the view !!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
RoomsDivisionHH, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Guest,

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Mercure Holland House Hotel. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

My partner and I booked this hotel as it was his 21st birthday and we were staying the night to watch Lee Evans .Before booking I emailed the hotel explaining that the trip was a 21st birthday present for my partner and if there was any extras i could put in the room to make the stay more special . The reservations team offered us a complimentary upgrade to one of their executive doubles on the top floor and gave me a list of upgrades that could be added on for a very resonable price .
When arrived at the hotel at 11:00am and wasnt expecting to check in until 2:00pm,however when we spoke to reception they let us check in straight away and gave us the key to our room .The room itself was amazing it was huge with floor to ceiling windows, with views across Cardiff,the bed was really comfy and the bathroom had brillant power shower and lovely bath tub.As we arrived early we went to do a bit of shopping during check in the reception gave us a map of Cardiff and recommended the places to go and how to get there which was really helpful.Th reason why I gave this hotel a 4 /5 is because when we got back from Lee Evans our room was freezing cold and the heating in the room wasnt working,however we rang reception and they sorted it out immediatly for us, it took 20 minutes for the heating to kick in which wasnt good as it was that cold we couldnt sleep.
When checking out the staff were really friendly and helpful and called a taxi for us to take us to the train station which saved us waiing around in the cold .
Overall we had an amazing time in Cardiff and an excellant stay in the hotel,I would definately recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Mercure Holland House again very soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

My partner and I booked a spa day at this hotel after finding a special offer on the internet. I was able to book this no problem, and was told to arrive from 10am onwards to a rolling buffet throughout the day, followed by a massage and facial and use of the facilities.

We arrived at 12.30pm, but were told that actually we were supposed to have arrived by 11am and had missed lunch (no rolling buffet that day). The spa reception staff immediately informed us that she would speak to the chef and arrange for a private lunch to be put out for us whilst we got into our robes. They laid out enough food for 10 people, including grilled chicken, salad, potatoes, and sliced cold meats with a few delicious mini puddings. We enjoyed this in total privacy by candlelight.

The staff were wonderfully kind and helpful throughout the day and really made things extra special. Special mention should go to the lady who showed us around the spa on our arrival. When I asked whether I would be able to go into the dining area in a robe (being new to spa days) she replied, 'It's your relaxing day, you can do whatever you want. You're here to enjoy yourself'. This was such a lovely start to the day.

The massage and facial were both fantastic, and we enjoyed using the relaxation room with a constant supply of herbal teas available to us. We visited the spa on an ordinary Monday afternoon so it was very quiet (as to be expected). My partner's only criticism was that the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were all kept slightly cooler than you would normally expect to find these in other hotels. This wasn't to his liking, but as I usually find most saunas unbearable after 5mins, I much preferred the cooler facilities.

Overall, this was a fantastic way to spend a gloomy Monday and I would thoroughly recommend a day here for anyone looking for somewhere simple and quiet to unwind.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
RoomsDivisionHH, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Dear Guest,

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Holland House Cardiff. Its great to hear that you had a relaxing spa day. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Usually stay at this hotel once a month for business - spacious rooms with comfortable beds, good air conditioning and great power shower cubicle and bath tub. Breakfasts very good with great choice and items that can be ordered. This is one hotel I always get a good nights sleep in.

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Holland House. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Stayed here for a conference I was attending, the room was massive with floor to ceiling windows, with views across Cardiff, comfy bed.
The only thing wrong was one of the chairs had a large dirty stain on it, but apart from that I would definately recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the fifth floor for great views
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

So glad you had an enjoyable time at Mercure Holland House Hotel. We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.