Me and my girlfriend picked this hotel as we were visitng Wales on a 5 day holiday, we debated between this hotel and another, and lets just say we were so glad we picked this one.
The hotel is very easy to find from the train station (Cardiff Queen Street) and literally a few steps from the shops and pubs.
Upon arrival and throughout our stay we were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff, check in was very quick and soon we arrived at our 12th floor room.
We were very pleased with our room, there was plenty of space to put our cases and still move around, we found a big double bed, a small table with a couple of comfy chairs, big TV with wooden finish with cupboards and the mini bar underneath, a little corner bit with the desk, and a bathroom which included a bathtub and a separate shower cubucle.
The room was very clean and furnished to a high standard, we arrived as it was dark but even this and during the day, our room offerd great views over the city of Cardiff.
Previous to our arrival i had e-mailed the hotel as we wanted to use the swimming pool but my girlfriend is blind, therefore i would need to be with her at all times, the hotel replied very quickly and was very helpful, they arranged for us to get changed in a separate room and showed us through to the pool, the staff in the pool were very friendly and helpful, the pool area itself was very clean and liked there were big steps with a long handrail into the pool.
There were a couple of little negatives but didnt think much of them ,one of the lights didnt work in our room but there was plenty of light anyway, also 3 nights in a row we were locked out of our room, but i hear there were a couple of fire alarms, as we visited many places during our stay, Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol and Plymouth we were out most of the day.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and had a great stay, upon our next trip to Wales we will look at this place first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star luxury hotel in the centre of Cardiff, 15 min walk from Cardiff Central railway and bus station and a 30 min drive from Cardiff International Airport. The hotel features 165 en suite rooms, the award winning First Floor restaurant, a stylish bar as well as a luxury leisure club and spa. 15 meeting rooms and function suites suitable for hosting conferences, events and weddings. Fibre Optic WiFi internet access. Underground parking available at the hotel at GBP 12.00 per 24 hours (subject to availability). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Accor Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Holland House Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel And Spa Wales