I have just spent the last 2 nights in this hotel, which is in a great location for the city centre. Staff all friendly, room was quite large and well equipped, with excellent views of the city. Ensuite also a good size with a separate shower and bath, all fittings were modern.
The price of the room itself was good, but this has to be offset by the cost of parking (£14 per day) and internet (£9 per day).
Breakfast was something to look forward to every morning; not the best I have had but pretty close to it.
Bar prices were expensive, but no more so than the rest of the city centre bars. Cardiff seems to charge London prices, so it would be unfair to criticise this hotel alone.
On the down side, the aircon in the room was terrible; the room was always cold, and no matter what temperature I set the dial to (I set it as high as 30 at one stage, it was that cold in the room), it still only blasted cold air out. Great in summer, not so good in February.
Although I found the room to be generally clean, the bin in the bathroom had not been emptied from the previous guest and was full to the brim with tissues and God knows what else. It remained that way for the duration of my stay, so I left it in the middle of the floor when I left, as a gentle hint.
Last small niggle is that I woke up early on the first morning, so decided to make coffee. The drink sachets had not been replenished since the previous guest, and there was no coffee. In fairness, I walked down to reception (at 0530) and asked for more. Two minutes after I got back to the room, a member of house-keeping knocked on the door, and gave me 20 sachets of coffee!
Overall, a pleasant stay. I did not sample the spa, etc, as this was a business trip, but I may return with my wife in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star luxury hotel in the centre of Cardiff, 15 min walk from Cardiff Central railway and bus station and a 30 min drive from Cardiff International Airport. The hotel features 165 en suite rooms, the award winning First Floor restaurant, a stylish bar as well as a luxury leisure club and spa. 15 meeting rooms and function suites suitable for hosting conferences, events and weddings. Fibre Optic WiFi internet access. Underground parking available at the hotel at GBP 12.00 per 24 hours (subject to availability). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Accor Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Holland House Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel And Spa Wales