I stayed at this hotel on the 5th April 2014
Firstly what kind of 4 star hotel doesn't have enough parking to facilitate under half of the hotel? Then have the cheek to charge £5-£12 a night parking fee.
When checking in there was a mistake to our room booking due to no fault of my own, I was spoken to in an absolutely disgraceful manor and the receptionist was so rude and did not even try to resolve this issue.
The food was most certainly not up to 4 star standard, and tasted like microwaved meals.
The drinks where totally over priced £20 for a bottle of wine you have to dilute with lemonade just to be able to drink it.
How this hotel has got 1 star rating is beyond me!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star luxury hotel in the centre of Cardiff, 15 min walk from Cardiff Central railway and bus station and a 30 min drive from Cardiff International Airport. The hotel features 165 en suite rooms, the award winning First Floor restaurant, a stylish bar as well as a luxury leisure club and spa. 15 meeting rooms and function suites suitable for hosting conferences, events and weddings. Fibre Optic WiFi internet access. Underground parking available at the hotel at GBP 12.00 per 24 hours (subject to availability). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Accor Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Holland House Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel And Spa Wales