What was a small issue with our booking has now left me chasing a refund for 3 weeks - and I am still chasing! I was booked into the Holland House Hotel as part of a group booking and my partner who had been training in Wales with the Army chose to surprise me and book a room for us to see each other. When he joined me at the hotel and showed his booking the receptionist replied that there were no rooms and a technical issue is the reason we were able to book. End of.
No apologie. No alternative solution. No suggestion of the Mercure Hotel round the corner. We questioned if we would be charged and it was confirmed that we wouldn't be. My partner went back to base and that was that. Until 2 days later when we see we have been charged! Turns our my partner actually booked the Mercure Hotel round the corner but the receptionist failed to notice this on our booking when we arrived and failed to mention that there was another Mercure which may explain the reason we were able to book! Naturally we were annoyed as we would have gone round the corner and not wasted £54!
When phoning to try and resolve this we were constantly told we would receive a call back to which we spent a week chasing around the hotels management before being told they wouldn't do anything about it!!
I therefore decided to phone central customer services team, explained my issues which took a while over an awful phone line (!) but was reassured they understood my problem and were raising a case. I then received an email, addressed to the hotel with the case explained and an answer requested within 72 hours. Feeling better....until a week later I have heard nothing and on phoning the central team and providing my case number they tell me they mistakenly sent me that email and never sent it to the hotel!! A very pathetic apologies and lots of "buts" has left me more than annoyed! I have requested an answer within 48hours/before the weekend.
I simply want my £54 back for an honest mistake that the receptionist should have A. noticed if she had bothered to take more care or B. suggested the alternative Mercure hotel for accommodation (for which we had booked anyway and could have stayed in!) They cant give me back 3 weeks of my wasted energy for chasing them around for an answer - that is just poor customer service they need to address! (and maybe a lesson in selling the hotel round the corner when they are fully booked!) Ridiculous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star luxury hotel in the centre of Cardiff, 15 min walk from Cardiff Central railway and bus station and a 30 min drive from Cardiff International Airport. The hotel features 165 en suite rooms, the award winning First Floor restaurant, a stylish bar as well as a luxury leisure club and spa. 15 meeting rooms and function suites suitable for hosting conferences, events and weddings. Fibre Optic WiFi internet access. Underground parking available at the hotel at GBP 12.00 per 24 hours (subject to availability). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Accor Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Holland House Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel And Spa Wales