2,873 results
All reviews privilege room relaxation room the underground car park corner room city centre separate shower steam room lovely hotel changing rooms room was large high floor superior room hen party reception desk leisure facilities following morning lovely room
Reviewed 23 March 2009

My partner and I managed to get a cheap deal on the internet and were more than pleasantly surprised on or arrival. The hotel staff were not particularly friendly but the room itself and the view were great the only slight improvement is the windows could have been cleaner. Would definitely stay again : )

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Have stayed before and really enjoyed it. This time though, the restaurant has changed radically. A la carte offers burger and chips, cod and chips, sausage and mash, poached chicken etc. Wetherspoons food at 4 star prices. Commented on leaving and told due to recession. Strange, as still had two chefs on duty and two waitresses for the five people eating, surely capable of doing more. Stay in the bedrooms, really good, but go out to eat. Normally a great fan of restaurants in hotels so big let down. Also did phone to check on car park before arriving- we have a 4X4 but were given wrong info. It only takes 1.8m.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2009

Nice Hotel, room very spacious, excellent location, good choice of breakfast, evening meal very disappointing as all of the food was prepared. Cardiff well worth a visit, also Cardiff Bay too.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2009

First look at the hotel website, some really good deals - we got two nights with dinner the first night and breakfast for both days at a really good rate better than a number of consolidator websites.

The rooms are quite large and well equipped, gym and pool really good and kept clean.I went for a swim at the end of the day and the changing rooms were spotless.. The evening meal was excellent and above average for hotel fare.
A few niggles - TV in rooms need updating poor choice of channels and the £12 a day parking fee was a bit steep but becoming sadly common across all the chains. It attracts alot of evening functions but they are well controlled and did not to disturb other guests. Overall a good hotel in a great location with great service.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2009

We booked this for the location (excellent for the city centre) and the spa facilities. Most of the cost was covered by Tesco deal vouchers and the rates for this were reasonable.

The staff at check-in were marvellous (friendly and helpful) and we were even upgraded (even though we paid with Tesco vouchers) as it was my fiances birthday.

The room itself was lovely and comfortable with amazing views as we had a high floor. Yes, the decor is a little dated, but the size and comfort factor made up for that.

I'm not sure that this really classes as a spa hotel more a leisure centre and treatment rooms. There was a pool with jacuzzi, and steam room and some treatment rooms. I had booked us both in for a massage. The therapists were good but there was a lot of noise from outside the rooms and my room was very cold.

We ate in the hotel on our first night there and although a little pricey, the food was excellent and the bar area was lovely.

Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would probably recommend this hotel however i was very disappointed as I stupidly left my phone charger in the room when we left. It took 8 phonecalls to the hotel to confirm that they had found it and arrange for it to be returned and it was over 2 weeks before i actually got it back after paying a hefty postage charge. Yes, it was my fault but I was appalled at the lack of assistance or urgency to return it (especially after my Dad received his back from a small b&b a few months earlier before he even realised he had left it there).

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple