Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa
US$106
US$121
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$101
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$81
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Room Service
US$90
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$83
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$194
US$187
US$301
US$287
2,736 results
All reviewsprivilege roomthe underground car parkrelaxation roomcorner roomcity centreseparate showersteam roomlovely hotelchanging roomsroom was largehigh floorsuperior roomreception deskhen partyleisure facilitiesfollowing morninglovely room
Reviewed 7 April 2009

The hotel isn't very pretty from the outside but seeing as there are no boutique hotel options in Cardiff we settled for the Mercure as previous reviews on this site mentioned the views. We asked for a room as high up as possible and we were very surprised that our standard room was so big. 1403 is located on the front left hand side corner on the 14th floor and the floor to ceiling windows gave us 180 panoramic views across Cardiff, you could even see the English shoreline!

Top tip - if you can be bothered to top up the pay and display every 10 hours (free after 6pm - charges start at 8am Mon-Sat and 10am on Sunday) you will save a packet. We paid £3 for every 10 hours...£9 from Sat - Mon whereas the hotel will charge you £12 a day/night, so we would have had to pay £36. Take the turning to the left of the hotel and park in the long stay parking bays.
The room was quite tired and the cleaner had not made much effort to make the bed very well and they only give you one flapjack with the teas and coffees which is a bit stingy! Our shower was freezing cold but once reported to reception it turned out the dial was back to front, so cold was hot and vice versa. A really nice touch is the radio/tape player which has speakers in the bathroom (amazing acoustics!). For £90 a night the size of the room was very good value. We had breakfast in the room one morning which was £16 each we seemed too expensive.

Very well located, just 5 mins walk to the shopping areas and CIA.
We didn't have time to try and pool and spa.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2009

I recently stayed in this hotel and was pleasantly surprised! This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed! Despite that I arrived earlier than 2 pm, I was given a room and an upgrade. The staff is very polite, informative, cheerful, pleasant, friendly, and professional! I stayed on the 9th floor with superb views of Cardiff. The room was immaculety clean and spacious. The decoration is up to date and the shower is stroong! Room service is fast! The jacuzzi, pool, steam room and sauna are open from 6 in the morning 'till late at night. All common areas are clean, discrete and relaxing. The gym is modern, fully equipped. They also offer massage, and certain treatments but I had no time to take advantage of it.
It's also worth mentioning the very good location of the hotel...5 minutes from the main shopping area (Queen Str), 15-20 minutes from the train station (around £5 taxi fare), 10 minutes from Cardiff City Hall, 15 minutes from Cardiff Castle.

This hotel will certainly be the first one in my list of preferences next time I stay in Cardiff!

ps: There were some negative points that I'd like to mention...although they were overshadowed by the good points.
- the mattress needed changing! At some points you could feel the strings.
- there was no window and the air condition made the air somehow dry. Also, I believe that the air condition was quite loud.
- my room was very close to the elevator and you could hear the noise when it was going up and down. I called reception and they offered to give me another room.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2009

My boyfriend took me to this hotel for my 21st a year ago, it was such a lovely relaxing stay that we came back again for our anniversary! Our room was on the 11th floor with great views accross the city (even better as it snowed overnight!) The room itself was spotless, and enormous. Spa and pool were lovely and clean, although corridor between changing rooms and the pool was a bit chilly! Perfect location for sight seeing/shopping! Staff were polite and helpful, and the room was excellent value!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Stayed here on the Irish rugby weekend of the year. Loveley Hotel. Great location.
Breakfast fine.
Evening meal not great as stated in another review.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2009

My partner and I managed to get a cheap deal on the internet and were more than pleasantly surprised on or arrival. The hotel staff were not particularly friendly but the room itself and the view were great the only slight improvement is the windows could have been cleaner. Would definitely stay again : )

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple