“Good food with a fabulous view”
Review of Entrecote Cafe de Paris - CLOSED

Entrecote Cafe de Paris
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A Friendly French restaurant using locally sourced produce and delivered fresh daily. The restaurant has additional outdoor seating and beautiful waterfront views over Cardiff Bay.Entrecote also has two beautiful private dining rooms, perfect for a celebration, business meeting or special occasion. All rooms include an iPod docking station and state of the art technology.We also have our Saint Cloud Suite that offers second to none business facilities, a private welcome area and bar.A great pre theatre venue, a stones throw from the gorgeous WMC. Also provides fantastic lunch & dinner offerings for everyone.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Visited this restaurant for lunch, had the two course special offer for £12.95. Started with the goats cheese and olive tapenade and my husband had the ham hock terrine. Both very good but the portion of goat's cheese could have been a bit bigger. For mains I had the red mullet en papillote which was lovely and my husband had the mussels. All washed down with a bottle of French white wine. The sun was shining and the view was beautiful.

1  Thank Helen007
PRDept, Public Relations Manager at Entrecote Cafe de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed both of your courses from our two course special menu. However, thank you for sharing your thoughts about the portion size of the goat’s cheese starter; we will take this into consideration for future improvement. The staff strive to exceed all of our customers’ expectations, so your comments will be greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had not been here for many months so when a friend visited I decided to try it again. At 7pm on a Saturday evening only one other table appeared to be occupied, although others eventually filled up. With a smallish glass of red each, we started with modules (me) and pâté (him). Mine were almost a meal in themselves and very tasty, although the bread was a little hard. We both had lamb shank for our mains and both pronounced them excellent, with plenty of succulent meat for us carnivores. Although we looked at the desert menu, we had already eaten well so passed them up, finishing with double espressos and a glass of Armagnac. The staff were reasonably attentive and the ambiance good on an evening of inclement weather. All in all, worth returning to.

PRDept, Public Relations Manager at Entrecote Cafe de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your visit. I am happy to hear that you have returned to our restaurant. The Lamb Shank is a loved dish by all at Entrecote, and it is great to hear that you enjoyed it also. However, it is unusual for the bread to be hard as the chefs take pride in the quality and presentation of the food that they serve. Thank you for brining this to our attention and we will look into this to make sure it does not happen again. The whole team strive to exceed all customers’ expectations, and your comments are greatly appreciated. We look forward to you next returning.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

First time we've tried here and it's a very mixed feeling I have following our lunch. The restaurant was dead so it's hard to really get a feel for the ambience when we were the only table - the waiter looked completely disinterested in us on arrival and seemed somewhat reluctant to seat us. Eventually he asked us to take any table and brought over menus, plonked them down and walked away - no enquiries to whether we wanted drinks or info on the menu. A few minutes later my wife caught his attention and asked what the soup of the day was etc he seemed clinical at best in relaying the info no warmth, no smile, no attempt to put us at ease. At one point my wife mis-pronounced a French word and was immediately put in her place by the patronising waiter as to what she should have said. We ordered and waited quite some time given he really had no one else to serve for both drinks and for our starters. Once they came we could at least appreciate why the restaurant was still open..the food is excellent.

My wife had the Goats cheese crutin with olive tapenade which was very tasty and nicely presented and I had the ham hock terrine which was very very flavoursome. After what seemed an age our main courses arrived my wife having the fish of the day (which was cod with seasonal veg) again beautifully cooked and delicious and I had the best moules marinere I've had in a long time. We didn't have pudding as we were in a bit of rush for me to return to work but everything we did eat was first class.

The real shame was the service which throughout was clinical at best, patronising on occasion and slow, even when the waiter disappeared and was replaced by a female member of staff no one asked how the meal was, or whether we needed anything. No explanation or apology given for the slow service despite being empty bar from a table of three that had been seated as we finished our mains.

We eat out in Cardiff bay at least 3 times a week as i work nearby and so are always on the lookout for something new to try. Unfortunately, overall despite the food being excellent, I did not feel welcome and for me the welcome and service of a restaurant is as important as the food and therefore I would not be inclined to return which is a shame because with the right attitude this restaurant could have easily become a regular place for lunch.

If you like a brasserie experience with a French feel try Cote brasserie instead the food is consistently good and the service is outstanding.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is disappointing to hear that you have mixed feelings about your visit. It is great to discover that you were impressed with your meals as our chefs take great pride in the quality and presentation of the food that they serve. However, it is disappointing to hear that you were not so impressed with the service that you received. I am very shocked, this is unusual as the staff strive to exceed all customers’ expectations. We also have a high standard of staff training in place to make sure that our customer service is always the finest. Therefore, I would like to investigate into these issues and hopefully rectify your evening. Please email me at publicrelations@babrandings.com to begin this investigation process. I apologise for how you felt your experience at Entrecote went and I look forward to resolving this.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Slightly wrong heading in my title as we ate from the main menu and not the Sunday set menu.
What a hidden delight, we booked via the internet as we wanted somewhere special to take my sister and husband for lunch and we were not disappointed.
The food was fab from presentation to taste. The waiter was lovely and could not fault anything.
There are two private dining rooms at the back and we were trying to think of an occasion to use them.
Not the cheapest place (the bill came in at just under £180 for 4) but well worth a treat. The set menu is a lot cheaper but as this was a special occasion we felt it was value for money.
We look forward to going again

PRDept, Public Relations Manager at Entrecote Cafe de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your review. I am happy to hear that you chose to dine with us for a special lunch with your family. Entrecote prides itself for its unique ambience and decor to create a special dining experience for any occasion, so your comments will be greatly appreciated. It is great that you could take a look at our great private dining rooms and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went there for lunch. The ambience was nice, the food tasteful and the waiter very pleasant and polite. The price was just and I would certainly go back. Very good experience.

PRDept, Public Relations Manager at Entrecote Cafe de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience, and that you will be returning. The team work very hard to exceed their customer’s expectations, so we look forward to welcoming you back.