“Cracking old school breakfast”
Review of Bistro One

Bistro One
Ranked #646 of 1,262 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I took myself for a hearty breakfast here whilst dropping the dragon (wife) into Cardiff early one Saturday. I was certainly not disappointed.
I opted for the big breakfast and to be fair it was big! This will certainly fill you up and every item was cooked perfectly. Decent sausages, great bacon - lovely and thick. I was able to leave some items out (tomatoes) and swap some in (extra egg). I didn't manage the chips (which I would not have normally ordered, but I didn't spot them on the list), but who has chips with a cooked breakfast? Only in Wales! Oh and the black pudding was great (it's very easy to overcook it).
The owner was really friendly and made sure I had everything I needed. As I left he bid me a farewell and hoped "to see me again". I will make sure I do - cracking cafe breakfast.
It's not fancy or expensive but it's tasty!

There are newer reviews for Bistro One

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This a regular port of call for us - a Cardiff institution! Very near the multi storey in Quay Street just round the corner from St Mary Street and the Stadium. Very good non greasy breakfasts cooked by Reno and assisted by Sharon, nice welcome and chit chat, good coffee. Good takeaway sandwiches also. Deservedly popular

Reviewed 24 July 2013

You get what you pay for! If you want a sandwich, a coffee or a breakfast of a morning then this is great. Staff are friendly. Product is basic, if you ask for coffee - you get a coffee, no choice from chocca, mocha, cappa, skinny, latte, soya - just a good ol cuppa. Worth a flying visit!