“So full it hurt to even breathe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Viva Brazil

Viva Brazil
Ranked #31 of 1,213 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, Latin, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Viva Brazil Churrascaria is an award winning, authentic, Brazilian style Steakhouse
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“So full it hurt to even breathe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My partner and I decided to visit Viva Brazil on a Sunday evening after working all day. We arrived earlier than our booked timeslot but were quickly shown to a table. I am rather fussy with where I sit so I asked to sit closer to the window which was not a problem.
Neither of us had been before the the waitress explained how it worked and gave us a very extensive wine list and cocktail list. We ordered two Caipirinha which once we had mixed it altogether with the ice was very refreshing and zingy.
I then went to the salad bar which had a good range of options to choose from - the garlic mash and black bean and pork stew being our favourites.
The skewered meat was plentiful and asking for as many slices as you wanted was not a problem. The smoked gammon and pork ribs were particularly good.
The desserts were all homemade - we had the orange cake and lime tart both nice but the lime tart could've done with a shorter pastry case and more of a lime kick to it.
We tried all the meats, had to cocktails, a bottle of red wine and 2 desserts (which are included in the price on a Sunday) and the bill was £80 - expensive but definitely worth it.
We left struggling to walk home we were so full. I don't know how people can say that they left hungry as we were offered plenty of meat and told just to ask for anything that we particularly liked and they would bring it back.
Our waitress was very friendly and attentive - some of the best service I have had in a Cardiff restaurant recently.
We will definitely be back.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Wow what an experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was a real experience, frantic and fast paced really good fun. The customer service was exceptional especially the two bar staff who never seemed to stop but were always pleasant and polite. We tasted 15 different types of meat and each one was beautifully presented, as and when you wanted it. We would highly recommend this restaurant but maybe not if you are looking for a quiet romantic meal out!

Visited July 2014
Llanelli
“Something different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Not the cheapest restaurant, but an unusual concept for the area and nice food....some of the beef skewers were a bit chewy, but the service was good and the food in the salad bar was surprisingly good.

wales uk
“Good food, child friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Recently had Sunday lunch with a difference in this restaurant. Visited with family six adults, three young children and 2 new babies.

Food was very enjoyable. I am not a huge meat lover but there was plenty on offer other than meat, meat and more meat! My husband and sons thought they were in heaven!

They were excellent with the children and because they were all under four- no charge. We were seated at a table where the children had room to move and sit and watch programmes on I phone etc.

Really liked that if you wanted meat well cooked you could have it. I personally could never eat anything that was even pink never mind red.

Served by Yana who was polite and attentive but not overbearing. The young men bringing the meats around were polite and friendly. Only one tiny error I ordered a red wine and they brought a Rose but when I pointed this out it was quickly rectified with an apology.

Overall good food and atmosphere and will definitely return

Newport, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Excellent service from Yana Moreira we had a table for four on Sunday 20th July the food was amazing none of us could have all the meats. Definitely go again.