“Skillett galore”

Ranked #29 of 1,225 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Viva Brazil Churrascaria is an award winning, authentic, Brazilian style Steakhouse
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Skillett galore”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Warm welcome ; buzzy atmosphere ; friendly staff ; great vino/ cocktails ; Encouraged to go to salad/veggie station first (ok selection) but as the Charcuterie was slow at times so therefore there was always the issue of filling yourself up before you were served any meat accompaniment . Found yourself spending more time looking around for the waiters...hardly relaxing. My partner let the staff know in advance that she had an allergy to red wine so was only able to taste half the menu and whilst i was being served she had to wait longer. The quality of the meat was a bit hit and miss. Glad we had the experience but sadly won't be rushing back .

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“So full it hurt to even breathe!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My partner and I decided to visit Viva Brazil on a Sunday evening after working all day. We arrived earlier than our booked timeslot but were quickly shown to a table. I am rather fussy with where I sit so I asked to sit closer to the window which was not a problem.
Neither of us had been before the the waitress explained how it worked and gave us a very extensive wine list and cocktail list. We ordered two Caipirinha which once we had mixed it altogether with the ice was very refreshing and zingy.
I then went to the salad bar which had a good range of options to choose from - the garlic mash and black bean and pork stew being our favourites.
The skewered meat was plentiful and asking for as many slices as you wanted was not a problem. The smoked gammon and pork ribs were particularly good.
The desserts were all homemade - we had the orange cake and lime tart both nice but the lime tart could've done with a shorter pastry case and more of a lime kick to it.
We tried all the meats, had to cocktails, a bottle of red wine and 2 desserts (which are included in the price on a Sunday) and the bill was £80 - expensive but definitely worth it.
We left struggling to walk home we were so full. I don't know how people can say that they left hungry as we were offered plenty of meat and told just to ask for anything that we particularly liked and they would bring it back.
Our waitress was very friendly and attentive - some of the best service I have had in a Cardiff restaurant recently.
We will definitely be back.

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Wow what an experience!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was a real experience, frantic and fast paced really good fun. The customer service was exceptional especially the two bar staff who never seemed to stop but were always pleasant and polite. We tasted 15 different types of meat and each one was beautifully presented, as and when you wanted it. We would highly recommend this restaurant but maybe not if you are looking for a quiet romantic meal out!

Visited July 2014
Llanelli
“Something different”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Not the cheapest restaurant, but an unusual concept for the area and nice food....some of the beef skewers were a bit chewy, but the service was good and the food in the salad bar was surprisingly good.

wales uk
“Good food, child friendly”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Recently had Sunday lunch with a difference in this restaurant. Visited with family six adults, three young children and 2 new babies.

Food was very enjoyable. I am not a huge meat lover but there was plenty on offer other than meat, meat and more meat! My husband and sons thought they were in heaven!

They were excellent with the children and because they were all under four- no charge. We were seated at a table where the children had room to move and sit and watch programmes on I phone etc.

Really liked that if you wanted meat well cooked you could have it. I personally could never eat anything that was even pink never mind red.

Served by Yana who was polite and attentive but not overbearing. The young men bringing the meats around were polite and friendly. Only one tiny error I ordered a red wine and they brought a Rose but when I pointed this out it was quickly rectified with an apology.

Overall good food and atmosphere and will definitely return