“TGIF Friday's Cardiff”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Very good food and drink menu!! Very loud and hip place to hang out, suitable for all ages and price range.
Very clean and very friendly staff.

2  Thank Sandra P
There are newer reviews for Bay Leaf

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We decided on the spur of the moment to take the elder daughter out for an Indian as the small person was out for a sleepover.

We were a walk in and they found us a table without any difficulty. I personally felt a little cramped as I think they crammed more tables in to the restaurant then it can really support. We had to move our chairs in so that the people at the tables behind us could get in and out, and as they had children with an obsession with using the toilets, we were up and down several times, in the middle of our meal.

We ordered poppadoms with chutney for a starter while we decided on our main course. After about five minutes, the maitre d arrived and announced that he would take our order - notwithstanding we weren't quite ready to do so!

I chose one of my favourites, a Lamb Pasanda - I'm not very adventurous when it comes to Indian food. Elder daughter, who thinks she can eat spicy food, chose Bangal Murgi Pathila with chicken which they cooked medium as opposed to hot, and husband had the same with lamb cooked hot. All the dishes were tasty and served in their own individual pots, on a neat little burner in the centroid the table. The rice accompaniments were elegantly served in their own individual dishes. Husband had a Cobra beer, I had cider and daughter had orange juice and a lemonade when the spice in her dinner hit her in the throat!

The bill came to £56, which wasn't too expensive in the grand scheme of things.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Have eaten here and had a takeaway on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed.

The food is alway fab, service always with a smile, fast and efficient. I have been with friends, family and my partner and everyone agrees that they sure know how to make a great curry in this place!
It is priced in line with other restaurants/takeaways in Cardiff but the quality is top notch which is why we keep on returning time and time again.

1  Thank Eleri D
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This restaurant is the best Indian restaurant that I have ever eaten in, very varied menu and should you not fancy anything they will cook to your request. Fantastic service, welcoming staff, great food.

1  Thank Sharoi
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Very good food, nice atmosphere, excellent service & very good value for money, didn't expect to find such a place in a small village.