“Great food, could do with more staff”
Review of Shaam Nights

Shaam Nights
Ranked #23 of 1,326 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sunday Times Magazine and news paper has mentioned few times that Shaam Nights one of the three best Middle Eastern grill houses in the UK visit our website for more details. Shaam Nights has also been announced on Wales on line as one of the best in Wales. Shaam Nights is a rather elegant dining experience and sets itself apart from the rest both inside and out. With a beautiful, rustic tiled floor, stained glass and bronze lanterns and noticeably deep cushioned seats. Shaam Nights offers you a rare opportunity to taste its HALAL Authentic Syrian Cuisine at the heart of Cardiff. Shaam nights is conveniently located close to City centre, less than ten minutes walk or a couple of minutes driving.
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I've been to this restaurant a few times and i've been pleased each time. It was recently called something else but I understand its recently been taken over by a new manager although the food is still very similar and of the same quality.
The portion sizes are HUGE so you may want to consider ordering one meal to share between two and ordering an accompany of a salad if you have two people that aren't huge eaters, out of the 6 of us that went 4 people shared their meals (ie two mains and two salads for the 4 of them). The Kebabs are huge - easially would feed two with a salad and the mixed grill would probably feed a family of four!
I had the Shaam Nights Shwama Wrap which was one lamb wrap and one chicken wrap with chips - this was great considering it was a cheaper menu item, but it was suitably sized for one.
They could do with a few more members of staff because the 3 there were rushed off their feet to be honest.
And their drinks are a bit overpriced but overall great food I would recommend!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,689)

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I am a regular at Shaam Nights, as it offers an authentic Syrian experience. From the interior decor covered in Islamic art, to the vintage Arabic music and from the delicious Syrian traditional dishes to the thirst quenching cocktail bar. I highly recommend this well run and friendly restaurant. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I visited with my family and was really impressed with the cleanliness, service and quality of the food. We ordered the family platters and were not disappointed with the quality and taste. It is also good value for money and will certainly be visiting the next time I'm in Cardiff!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I visited this restaurant following the reviews I had read and I was not disappointed. Great food and good service in a Lovely atmosphere. The food was beautiful and the quality of the menu made it difficult to choose. I had the moussaka. Delicious !!

I had never been to a Syrian/ Lebanese restaurant before and was pleasantly surprised. The decor and ambience of the restaurant made me feel I was in for a relaxing evening.

If you are visiting Cardiff, don't look any further than shaam nights for a great meal.

Hidden gem.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The food, atmosphere and price was superb and service was good deffinately worth a visit if celalebrating and or on a date, the chicken and lamb are cooked to perfection